Chapter 23

Rose clenched her jaw and stared at him. "Do you want to tell me why the Master is filtering aphoristic oxygen into ourbathroom?" She asked through clenched teeth.

The Doctor rubbed the back of his neck. "Probably because of what I told you earlier. He wants to take the Earth, and fill it with Time Lords, so he wants us to... Procreate."

"Shag," Rose said bluntly, her face stoic. "He wants us to shag."

The Doctor winced at her choice in phrasing, but nodded. "Yeah, sort of."

"Not like this," Rose said simply, mimicking both their expressions from a few minutes ago. She shook her head vehemently. "It happens on our terms or not at all."

The Doctor gazed at her, warmth and pride passing through him at her words. Oh, they both wanted to be close, and he found himself very much in favor of kissing her right now. Was it possible to make her metabolize aphoristic by kissing it out of her.

The only thing Rose could think about was taking steps right out of that bathroom, plunging her hands into his hair, and crushing his mouth to hers. It was quite literally the only thought passing through her now as she stood there.

The Doctor's thoughts weren't accessible to Rose, so instead she just fixated on how the tip of his tongue touched his top teeth as he regarded her carefully, clearly thinking very hard.

Oh, that was it. That was actually the last straw. Restraint? Not anymore, thank you.

She was in front of the Doctor so fast that he didn't see it coming. Without even another word passing between them they were kissing, Rose frantic underneath the Doctor's very responsive mouth.

His hands splayed across her back as he tugged her closer to him, craving her, less than she was, of course, but still. He pulled away, panting. "Wait. Rose, our terms." He gripped her upper arms, trying to watch her, her eyes glazed over.

"Right," she said, nodding slowly. "Our terms."

She wasn't understanding, not comprehending. The Doctor reluctantly held her at arm's length, struggling with that in itself, with the scent of her so close to him.

"Alright, Master," The Doctor addressed the ceiling condescendingly. "I've had enough. You've fiddled with her brain too much."

"I said I wouldn't watch," The Master said impatiently. "What more do you want?"

"Our terms!" Shouted the Doctor, trying not to look at Rose, because if he didn't, he was a goner.

"Our terms," Rose replied before lunging at him again.

He turned her assault into a quick peck on the lips before pulling her to him in a hug, patting her back.

She whimpered at him, actually whimpered, for wanting to kiss him so badly. She clutched at his jacket and roamed her lips over his jaw and neck to compensate.

"Well, you might not have a choice," the Master said, "The aphoristic is working brilliantly on her, since her mind is still weak. And how much of her will you really refuse? Have fun!" The Master cackled and the Doctor rolled his eyes.

"Who are you even working with?" The Doctor asked in a rushed voice.

"Don't worry, Doctor. This time, it's just me. There's nobody else to want more Time Lords. Ever think of that?"

"Are you ever going to tell us about the mist?" The Doctor asked. He bit back a groan as Rose ran her tongue over his Adam's apple.

"Once I find out that your Lady is pregnant, you'll have all you want to know about the mist," the Master said encouragingly.

"You heard the man," Rose said, her voice seductive and also muffled by the skin of the Doctor's neck. His eyes rolled back and he shoved her off of him.

"Rose, please, try and think rationally. It's not that I don't want, but-"

Rose pulled at the knot in the Doctor's tie. "I figured you might want," she purred. "I feel like a new woman! Must be all that, regeneration energy."

Those words were not supposed to sound sexy. They were not. No. Regeneration was not sexy. Unless the word 'regeneration' was coming out of Rose Tyler's mouth.

He was so distracted by that thought that she had whipped his tie off and slung it over her shoulder. "I like this tie," she said approvingly. "Every time you put it on I just want to-"

She cut herself off with her mouth over his, and he couldn't bring himself to refuse her, even though his mind was battling inwardly and he needed to push her away.

"Rose," he pushed her away again, gasping for air.

"You know, Doctor, that suit is very becoming on you," she leaned towards his ear and let her lips ghost his outer ear lightly. "Then again, I would be too."

"Rose!" The Doctor exclaimed, half disgusted and half wanting to pounce her.

She arched an eyebrow, not seeing what was wrong. The Doctor had a lot of thoughts as to why this was wrong, but also several as to why it was so, so, so right.

"Rose, if we do this now, we'll bond mentally, telepathically, and I want you in your right mind for that. Please, Rose. Please."

She blinked, her vision clearing slightly. "We'll be bonded?" Her voice sounded full of awe and excitement at the notion.

"Yes," The Doctor nodded, inwardly punching the air at possibly having outsmarted the Master, just this once. "Don't you want that to be natural? Real? Rose, stop letting it cloud your vision, okay?"

She closed her eyes and nodded. "Okay," She whispered. She brought her hands up to his cheeks and whimpered again.

He leaned down and kissed her sweetly, keeping it less about passion and more about love, hoping to bring her down to a normal state of mind. He trailed a hand up her waist, hoping it to be a calming motion.

"Let's get out of here," he murmured against her mouth.

She pulled away from him, her eyes completely clear. The Doctor prided himself for only a moment, because now Rose was talking and he didn't want ot miss any of it.

She glanced over at the door and furrowed her brows. "Doctor. How?"