Part 11: Under The White Wisteria Tree

"Hey, sweetheart. How are you holding up?"Queen Ramonda asked as she walked into my room with a tray of food in her hand, she saw me sitting at the edge of my bed where I had been sitting since my mother's funeral.

I sat alone in my room, the weight of the loss of my mother's death was heavier than I could have ever imagined.

The shock, disbelief, and sadness of my mother's death all felt as if they were weighing me down, and I felt sorrow sinking deeper and deeper into my heart. I was struggling to cope with the emptiness that had consumed me.

"Okay."I whispered avoiding eye contact with Queen Ramonda, I didn't want her to see that I had been crying and I was well aware that I was looking horrible.

"I have something to show you."She responded as she took the plate along with the food before she began scooping up the food with the spoon and held it up to my mouth.

"Queen mother, you do not have to do this. I will eat."I muttered making her shake her head as she requested me to open my mouth making me obey as I opened my mouth once the spoon went into my mouth for a brief moment and went out I started to chew.

"I do not believe you. Chiamaka has been telling me that you take a plate full of food back to the kitchen and only drink water. You have not eaten for several days and I will not have it. Open."She sternly responded as she held my spoon up once again making me open my mouth slightly making her feed me like a baby once again.

After she had been feeding me whilst harmonisly singing she finally took the plate and placed it on the tray along with the spoon making a maiden rush into the room and grab everything before she rushed out once again.

"Let's go, I know it is getting dark but you need fresh air."Queen Ramonda muttered as she got up from my bed before she held her hand out making me hesitantly take her hand and follow her.

When I recognised the path she was leading me to I felt my heart become heavy as we approached my mother's grave but when we got there I gasped when I saw a fresh new marble tombstone, next to the tombstone was also a stone bench and a white Wisteria tree above the grave, my mom absolutely adored Wisteria. I noticed that T'Challa and Shuri were there looking up at us as we approached them, once we got to the grave they both gave me a warm embrace.

"Whenever you want to come see your mother, you can ask any of us to keep you company. Even if it is just quiet company."T'Challa spoke up as he placed his hand on my shoulder.

Make me gaze upon my mother's tombstone. I read everything that was engraved on the marble even the poem I had written for her:

'𝓨𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼, 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀.
𝓘𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽, 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝔀𝓸𝓻𝓵𝓭, 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓼,
𝓨𝓸𝓾 𝓪𝓻𝓮 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮, 𝔀𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻 𝓘 𝓰𝓸.
𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓴𝔂, 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓸𝓴 𝓽𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓪𝓻𝓼,
𝓘 𝓼𝓮𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓘 𝓯𝓮𝓮𝓵 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓘 𝓴𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓪𝓵𝔀𝓪𝔂𝓼 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮.
𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓼𝓾𝓷𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓮, 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓫𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓱,
𝓦𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻𝓽𝓫𝓮𝓪𝓽, 𝔂𝓸𝓾'𝓻𝓮 𝓼𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵 𝔀𝓲𝓽𝓱 𝓶𝓮, 𝓘 𝓼𝔀𝓮𝓪𝓻.
𝓜𝓸𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻, 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾, 𝓷𝓸𝔀 𝓪𝓷𝓭 𝓯𝓸𝓻𝓮𝓿𝓮𝓻,
𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝓪𝓴𝓮 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓹𝓻𝓸𝓾𝓭, 𝓘'𝓵𝓵 𝓬𝓪𝓻𝓻𝔂 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓱𝓮𝓪𝓻.'

"We have something else for you, my love."Shuri muttered before she let go of my hand and placed a glass orb on the ground before I knew it a vibranium hologram of my mother popped up which made me stare at her in awe.

"Mama?"I muttered as I placed both my hands over my chest as I watched her smile at me which made me feel warm.

"My beloved daughter, Throughout the depths of my passing, my memories of you linger still, for our bond is eternal and cannot be undone. Even as I write these words from beyond the grave, you are ever present in my thoughts, fueling my soul with strength and light.

I still remember, my dear child, the way I held you for the first time, your tiny fingers curled around mine, my heart overflowing with joy as I looked upon your precious face. Remember the days we spent playing in the fields waiting for the Wakandan sunset, the laughter and joy as we ran together through the sunshine. Remember the stories I read to you until you were old enough.

Even as a young teenaged girl, you showed great strength, when you fought off your father that tried to posses you. I was so proud of you in that moment, for your bravery and courage stood out to me as the brightest star in the night sky.

I saw how hard you worked to protect your innocence, the light in your heart illuminating even the darkest times. Hold on to these memories, my dear, and never forget the strength and resilience you possess.

But please know that I am always with you, in every breath you take, in every thought you have, in every heartbeat of your strong, kind, and determined heart. I am so proud of the person you have become and how far you have come. Keep moving forward, my dear, and make me proud.

Forever yours,
Mama."She spoke before she blew me kisses and the vibranium hologram disappeared making me sob uncontrollably placing my hand over my mouth.

"I love you so much, Mama."I sobbed making T'Challa, Queen Ramonda and Shuri hold me tightly as I continued to sob.

"Thank you so much."I muttered as I hugged them tightly.

I could have not asked for a better family. Although I had a complicated lineage, Queen Ramonda, T'Challa and Shuri felt like the family that I did not have full access to and I was so glad my mother ran away to Wakanda because I couldn't have asked for a better family to love and protect.