Part 9: Long Live King Killmonger

"I thought you were dead, Sade."Shuri muttered in disbelief as she squeezed me tightly making me smile as I hugged her back.

"We have to go."She sadly responded after she pulled away and took my hands.

"Go? Go where?"I asked as I watched her move around the lab with a sense of urgency taking a couple of things.

"The King is dead."She replied making my heart sink as I felt the the room move around.

"Dead?"

"Yes, we need to go to the Jabari land to--"

"Jabari? I am not going there."I protested as I pulled my arm away from Shuri's hand making her look at me in frustration.

"I do not have time for this, Sade. Let's go!"She yelled making me jump in fright before I slowly nodded my head and obeyed.

Shuri barely yelled and when she did I just knew she was angry and she meant business, I followed behind Shuri without saying a word and not because I was mad at her but I kept thinking about T'Challa dying.

"Sade, I did not mean to yell at you."she murmured as we rushed into the forest making me shake my head.

"T'Challa is dead?"I muttered in pain as I stared up at her making her hesitantly nod her head.

"How?"

"My love, we will be okay. Alright?"She asked as she unravelling a vibranium threaded blanket before she wrapped it around me.

"Wait for me here."I muttered making her shake her head but I floated up as fast as I could to the heart shaped herb cave.

When I reached the cave I carefully glided down and went to the hidden entrance, I silently made my way towards a heart shaped herb bush and began to pick a couple and place them into my pocket.

"The heart shaped herb did all of that?"

My ears peaked as I hid behind a bush and watched the interaction between Shaman and the tall man.

"This is all of it?"he asked Shaman as he towered over hear obviously trying to intimidate Shaman.

"Yes, so when it comes time for another king. We will be ready."She respectfully responded making the man chuckle under his breathe.

"Another king? Yeah go ahead and burn all of it."he replied as he looked around the heart shaped herb cave.

"My King, we cannot do that. It is our--"

The man grabbed Shaman by the throat which made me inevitably gasp before I immediately halted his movement making him let go of Shaman.

"What is your shit doing to me?"he groaned in pain but Shaman was coughing out instead.

"You are not fit to be a King."I telepathically spoke to him making me look around the cave.

"What the fuc--come out here and fight me."he demanded angrily I rapidly searched for his memories telepathically and discovered his identity and the precise reason he was here.

"Given that I stopped your movement in a split second, there won't be much of a competition. In less time than that, I can stop your heart from beating. King T'Challa, where is he? "I asked in anger making him chuckle in amusement.

"He's dead. I am King now. King Killmonger."he replied as he continued to look around making the maidens look up at him strangely but I got the sense that the rest of them figured out that I was the one communicating with him.

"You're not a King. You are merely looking for revenge, according to mental study I just did on you, Erik. Enjoy this tyranny, you killed the King for something he had nothing to do with, we will meet."I explained before I made my way out of the cave and flew back to the forest.