Chapter 3: Flowers

Not to many memories stick out to me from when I was 10. Mainly just running about, and buying candy from the local gas station. However there is one memory happens to be more relevant than them all. The Road trip.

The girls officially had their student driver's licenses, meaning they could finally drive me and Weston wherever, whenever. Of course they weren't to keen on the idea of driving us wherever, but that didn't stop us from asking. One day during the last week of July, They finally agreed.

We packed up the car with enough food and water to last weeks. Liz of course was stuck driving, seeing as nobody trusts Rae to drive, and Mary didn't enjoy driving. Me and Weston packed the finest of our toys into Liz's Jeep, and threw 3 pillows into the backseat.

After packing for our 2 day long trip, we all got settled in the seats. Weston of course next to me, and Mary next to Weston from the other side.

" why do I have to sit next to them? " Mary complained.

" Because you lost the bet. So suck it up. We got 2 days on the road. Get used to it. " Rae said with a hint of annoyance.

" what bet? " Wes asked curiously.

" Nothing Wes. Did you pack everything you need? " Liz questioned sternly.

" Yep! " He shouted.

We were set. Well, more like I was set on creating the best gift possible. Through our trip we had set our sites on about 16 different places to visit. Seeing as we weren't the wealthiest of children, we couldn't exactly pay for all of the sites we wanted to see, so we improvised.

Rather than visiting a bunch of places where you could tour for cash, we decided to venture all the way to NYC in the middle of our trip. I know, a bunch of kids going to NYC Alone is sooo safe right.

1 hour in:
We were still seated in the car, and hadn't moved since we began our trip. However now we were all getting hungry, and Mary was clearly sick of me and Weston.

" Hey Liz we need to stop at the next rest area. " Mary said rushingly.

" Why? We've barely been driving for an hour. " Liz stated plainly.

" well unless you want me to piss on the seats you need to stop at the next rest stop. " Mary said agitated.

So as requested, Liz stopped at the next visible rest area. It took about 10 minutes to find it though.

" Alright, Does anyone else have to go to the bathroom? " Liz asked us. There was no reply so she followed her statement with " If anyone's hungry or thirsty, we brought water, pop and snacks. Don't you dare spend money on those over priced machines. " . 

While at the rest stop, I noticed some flowers growing near a tree. I grabbed one and handed it to Rae and Liz. " Where did you find that? " Liz questioned.

" can you guys keep this up front? And don't show it to Wes! Please! " I said embarrassment seeping from my voice.

" alright man, no need to beg. " Rae said taking the flower from my hand. " We'll keep it safe I promise. " She swore.

Not to long after, Mary had finished in the bathroom. everyone was now in the car with a drink So that we wouldn't have to stop and get any drinks out mid ride. Mary had quite a few words to say about the bathrooms in the rest area. She was quickly shushed by Rae, which didn't help the complaints.

2 hours in:
Mary had fallen asleep. Only 2 hours and she was already out, despite it being 8 in the morning of course.