Chapter 2: Rumors

We made up. I had only known him for less than an hour, and already we had argued and made up.

He really was great.

However, I wasn't just friends with the little brown haired boy now. I was also friends with the 3 girls surrounding us.

Before I knew it, I was happy that we moved to yellow springs. Of course, I would still hold memories from billings, but now I got a chance to make better ones in yellow springs.

By then I didn't even realize how fast time was moving. It felt like I had only been there a week, When my 8th birthday rolled round.

I had never really had a birthday party up until this point, due to carelessness, and pricing. As well as never considering a birthday party. It wasn't like I really knew anyone other than Weston, and the girls who I later found out were his sister, and his sisters friends.

As always, I walked over to Wes's house on the day of my birthday, as if it was any ordinary day. I had only told the group of girls my birthday once, and I assumed they wouldn't have remembered. I guess I shouldn't have doubted their memory.

I walked over around 8 am, happy to see Wes ( as I was everyday ), but when I tried to look inside, the curtains were closed. I stepped over to the glass doors, and knocked, clearly loud enough for them to hear it. I knocked again, wondering if they were asleep, which thanks to Mary, They usually weren't.

Nothing. I knocked again. Nothing. Seeing as I had been here so many times, I let myself in. Slowly, and silently pushing open the sliding glass doors. Only to find party supplies, a big blue cake, and screaming 13 yr olds.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY FIN! " Screamed the girls.

Within the crowded sound, I could hear a slight hint of Weston's voice " happy birthday finny! " he said proudly, clearly not realizing he was barely audible.

I just stared, confused. " oh, uh.. Thanks I guess. " I said with a hint of question. All of the smiles faded when I said that. " what? " I said unsure.

" What do you mean what?! " Wes said angrily. " We threw you a birthday party, and you don't even care?! " Weston said growing angrier by the second.

" What do you mean birthday party? Since when do people throw party's for those? " I said visibly confused.

" Since forever Fin! " Mary said with a " duh " sound to her voice.

" Yeah Dude! Lots of people throw birthday parties! Like for their friends, and family! " Rae said With clear confusion as to why she must elaborate.

I stared blankly. " Have you.. NEVER HAD A BIRTHDAY PARTY?! " Weston said with a shocked expression.

" Seeing as he doesn't know what it is, Yeah I would assume so. " Eliza said sarcastically. 

" So you guys threw a party? Because it's my birthday? " I said with a confused smile. 

" OF COURSE! " Wes said, walking closer to me. " Your my best friend! Why wouldn't we! " Weston said, sure of his words.

I stepped forward, now I was only inches away from Wes. " We even got you a cake! " Wes said happily, taking another step closer to me.

" yeah we didn't know what kind of cake you would want, so we just got chocolate. I hope that's alright " Eliza spoke with a short lived smile.

In truth, I could've cared less about the cake. He was here, and that's all that mattered to me. I stepped closer one last time, closing the gap with a tight hug. He smiled against my neck, just as happy as I to revive a hug.