discontinuing this fic - im sorry

... so it's been like, a year

i'm really sorry i haven't been updating. i know i promised i would finish this fic but i cant keep pretend i still want to write this. i've been putting this off for a really long time because i promised to finish this fic and i didn't want to let anyone down.

i wrote this shortly after my first bandaid fic. i got a ton of love from the community and it made me feel really good about myself and my writing, even if i look back and hate my writing then. back then, i had a lot more time to myself, and was super into danganronpa, and loved writing. it was very easy for me to write a chapter and i'd always look for to it.

currently, i'm in high school atm and have a lot less spare time. i write oneshots from time to time, but that's it. maybe i could still make time for this fic, but my issue was my motivation. it became really hard for me to sit down and actually do something, and i had no motivation to do anything. i also lost interest in the danganronpa fandom, and don't really enjoy it anymore nor do i care for it. even if i get back into danganronpa for short periods of time, my focus is never on bandaid anymore.

so, yeah. i'm sorry. i wanted to finish this fic, and i couldn't and don't think i ever will.

thank you so much to everyone who's read this fic and enjoyed it, especially those who have read comments. i'm still glad i wrote this fic and wrote for bandaid in general. i'm really glad that people have enjoyed my works and my writing, and i cant thank you enough.

if you want to see more of my writing, you can find me on ao3 at menstrualmelody. i don't write often, however i still have a handful of oneshots.

i do still have a plan for how the rest of the story would've went, however no specifics. i really hate it when a fic ends and you never get to know how it'll continue, so...

once again, i'm really sorry. i know this is way overdue.

/////

REST OF PLOT

-hiyoko tries to find out who it is
-hiyoko and chiaki talk
1chiaki let's it slip she knows who it is
-hiyoko assumes its chiaki
-so she sets them up.
-write letters pretending ibuki+chiaki
-they hang out on the rooftop
-hajime knows about it, since hiyoko talks about it to him
-he talks about it to mikan and is like "i think ibuki and chiaki are a thing.." hinting it
-mikan gets upset
-mikan takes a few days to write a final goodbye letter
-during that few days chiaki and ibuki get close since hiyoko set them up and would put in the letter they like eachother or soemthing
-chiaki and ibuki realise they don't like eachother
-the final letter is sent so she realises it's nkt chiaki
-they continue being friends
-so ibuki suspects komaeda
-so she asks mikan who's close to komaeda id he's the one who wrote it
—and mikan's like "hell no" but has a realisation
-and she's liek "omg they're not dating she wants to find out who it is
-so she's like meet me at the rooftop as mikan no letter
and mikan references a bit of the letter (i hope u like the doodles i drew or sum) and boom confession

SMALL SNIPPETS

-
purest form of love
-
mikan is hopless, hopelessly in love with ibuki, but also hopeless at jabing a chance witj her.
-
last chap idea
"How coukd Mikan ever hide the fact she loved Ibuki Mioda?"

"I... I really wanna kiss you, and I, um, I think I might.." Mikan confesses, blushing bright red.

Ibuki giggles, and Mikan wants to listen to her giggle on repeat for the rest of her life.

"That's a-okay with Ibuki," Ibuki says, smiling. Mikan thinks it's the quietest she's ever been. "I think I want to, too."

This time she whispers it. It's the quietest she's heard Ibuki.

And Mikan kisses her. And Ibuki kisses her back. And it's a bit awkward, since it's their first, but Mikan doesn't care.

She's so, so in love with Ibuki. And Ibuki loves her too.

Mikan Tsumiki and Ibuki Mioda were in love, and they didn't care who knew it.

(how could mikan ever be shy of her love for ibuki? she's absolutely smitten and she thinks, she knows, that she will never stop loving this loud and fun girl.)
-
mikan just wants to be selfish for once and ask for ibuki's love
-
could ibuki ever love this? this uhh insert words