Chapter 1: Bridge of Storm

Location: Somewhere in Pacific Ocean

Date: 23 Sept 2080

1500 hours

Alexander POV

I'm still exploring the Pacific Ocean alone. Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll found some material floating in this ocean. But if I'm gonna face the Sirens, it will be better.

Ah, it's been years since I become hybrid human-warship, or just "Hybrid" for short. It was because some alien races who call themselves "Sirens" invade the Earth since 2065. They destroyed cities and kill people, but the worse is they're crawling all of the sea, make ocean becomes a dangerous place to traverse. To repel them, United Nations invites big countries to developed secret project called "Salvation", a project that combines humans and warship, with the help of so-called "Emerald Cubes", some technology that they developed since 2068. They select people with special criteria in secret, which I don't know what kind of criteria they are looking. At first, they always fail. Each subject always dies shortly after the cube is implanted into their body. But I was lucky, I survived that experiment and become the first successful hybrid human-warship. After that, their fighting spirit that previously down have now risen again. They started to resume the project and now there are many Hybrids across the world.

We are not only trained as warship, but also as soldiers. We are grouped into several small squad, including me. Each squad consist of three or four members with one person as leader, and I'm the leader in my own squad with two members. There are around 40 squads in total.

???: <<in radio>> "Wolf, can you hear me?"

Me: <<in radio>> "Loud and clear, Great House."

Great House (HQ): <<in radio>> "Have you found anything there?"

Me: <<in radio>> "Still nothing. The Hawkeye I sent also hasn't given any information."

Great House (HQ): <<in radio>> "It's almost time for you to back to the base. Are you sure you still want to patrolling there?"

Me: <<in radio>> "Yeah, who knows if I found some interesting stuff. And you know, I always like traveling alone."

Great House (HQ): <<in radio>>"Heh, diligent but laidback as always, The Slay-"

Me: <<in radio>> "Yeah yeah, stop calling me that, will ya?"

Great House (HQ): <<in radio>> "Relax man. If you found something, let us know okay?"

Me: <<in radio>> "I will. Over and out." *turn off the radio*

*sigh* I miss the days when I was in Aziziye District, Erzurum Province. I was a martial art trainer's assistant and part-time worker at a convenience store. I always spend time alone with reading books, playing violin and listening music if there is no training schedule. And now, I must fighting some aliens with warship rigging in my body. Yeah, I think this is good chance to hone my fighting skill. But after I made "great score" with killing 1000 Sirens in one of my lone mission, people in the base started calling me "The Slayer of Thousand". Honestly I don't like being called like that. It makes me look like a killer instead a freedom fighter, especially after that "incident".

*beep* *beep* *beep*

Hm, I got notification. Maybe one of the Hawkeye I sent found something.