Chapter 9: Haunted by The Past

??? POV

???: "Okay guys, are you with me?"

???2: "Of course I'm with you, Boss-bro."

???3: "Me too, Onii-chan."

??? with the others banish all Siren's ship with high spirit. After 15 minutes all Siren's ship are destroyed.

???3: "Yaay, we finally obliterated them all."

???2: "Our effort is payed up."

???: "Like I said, we're the best squad."

Suddenly a barrage of laser rained over them.

*BOOOOOMMMMM*

*BOOOOOMMMMM*

*BOOOOOMMMMM*

???: "AAAAAAHHHHHHH!!"

???2: "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!"

???3: "AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!"

The heavy laser bombardment makes ??? suffer heavy damaged, meanwhile ???2 and ???3 also suffer heavy damage and fall unconscious.

???: *heavily shocked* "No, no no it can't be! This again!?"

Then from ??? behind, a person who looks like ??? appear, but surrounded by dark aura.

Shadow ???: "First, your friends, and now your squadmates. Such a miserable look~."

???: *shocked* "Huh? You again!?"

Shadow ???: "I wonder what happen to your new friends here~. Maybe they will share the same fate like them~."

???: "I won't let that happen!"

??? unsheathe his katana and rush toward Shadow ???, but Shadow ??? also unsheathe his katana and the two clashing each other. After few clashing Shadow ??? got the upper hand and manage to knock ???'s katana from his hand and push ??? to the sea surface.

Shadow ???: "Oh come on~, your mind still lingering about that event? Past is past, and here I am waiting for our 'restoration' like before~."

Shadow ??? try to reaching ???'s hand, but suddenly blue light blocked Shadow ??? from doing that.

Shadow ???: "Tch, what a nuisance! Even after his death, 'he' still an annoyance. His power that protecting you is still too strong."

???: "Your so-called 'restoration' is bullshit! You just want to control me again. Also 'he' maybe already dead, but his power and his legacy stay with me, and with his 'protection', you can't do whatever you want like before."

Shadow ???: "Fufufu, is that so? But you know you can't fight me forever. And you can't use that power to 'purify' me, because you know the reason."

???: "Tch! Why are you show yourself again after all this silence for so long?"

Shadow ???: "It doesn't matter. Your intuition maybe can guess it~. And no matter how much you rejecting me, we are the same being. Goodbye for now~."

???'s sight slowly fading black.

1500 hours

Alexander POV

Me: *Gasp* *pant* *pant*

Cleveland: "Hey, are you okay?"

I woke up and found myself drenched with cold sweat. I see Cleveland, Javelin, and Laffey surrounding me.

Me: *pant* *pant* "Huh, what?"