#2 Nightmares.

Pete opened his bedroom window and noticed that it was still raining heavily, but nothing would stop him from visiting his ex-boyfriend's grave, so he got ready, took some flowers he had bought the day before and left. After a few hours in that cemetery, he saw that it was getting late and decided to leave.

As the cemetery was not so far from his apartment Pete decided to walk, with the umbrella in hand, he had red eyes from crying, he stared at the ground as he walked. Already close to his apartment Pete was surprised by a motorcycle that was coming towards him, without having time to think he felt a hand pull his arm, causing him to fall on top of a person and saving him from being run over by the motorcycle that proceeded at high speed. Pete got up quickly, getting on top of the person who had saved him, he had already started to thank the person when he noticed who was there trying to get up.

- You?!

- Usually, people say thank you after someone saves their life. Vegas spoke as he got up, his clothes were wet from the rain.

- I didn't ask for your help. Pete was fixing his clothes which were now a little wet.

- You are very rude; I should have let the bike hit you.

- Anyway, thank you.

Pete walked away without looking back, but he knew Vegas was right behind him, the rain was getting worse. Pete was without his umbrella, which had been broken in the fall, so he quickened his steps to get faster in the apartment, Vegas followed very closely, the two walked without even saying a word. Pete arrived in front of his door and started looking for the card that would open the lock of his apartment, but without success, he was losing patience. Vegas was watching it all with a smirk on his face. Pete thought he might have lost the key when he fell, how was he going to get into the house? His cell phone was dead, and he didn't remember the password. Pete then noticed that Vegas hadn't come in yet.

- Are you going to stay there all night? Pete asked.

- Are you bothered? The only person here without a key is you. He showed his door card to Pete.

- Fuck off! Pete tried a few times to get the password right, but to no avail.

Vegas then tapped his card against the door, which opened immediately, he walked in leaving Pete outside.

- Idiot. Pete spoke as soon as he closed the door.

The rain was getting stronger, by this time it had already turned into a storm, the lights in the hallway started to flicker indicating that the power was going to go out. Pete was still trying to guess the password, as soon as the lights failed again, he gave up and sat on the floor with his back against the door, thinking to himself that he wasn't going to get any key chains at this hour. A few minutes later the apartment door opened, and Vegas appeared.

- I almost feel sorry to see you there.

- What do you want? Pete was already out of patience.

- Do you want to come in? The question took Pete by surprise, he hadn't expected this invitation. – Seeing you sitting there is just sad. Vegas completed.

- I'd rather spend the night here.

- As you wish. Vegas was about to enter when the lights flickered once more along with a deafening roar of thunder. Pete jumped to his feet.

- Hey, on second thought.

Vegas smiled and walked away from the door, motioning for him to enter. The apartment had several shelves full of books, a leather sofa in the corner near the huge window that faced the street, a little melancholy, but well arranged. Vegas walked towards the bedroom and soon after came back holding a black shirt and shorts and handed them to Pete.

- If you keep those wet clothes, you might get sick.

- Thanks. The structure of the apartment was the same as Pete's so he headed towards the bathroom to change. The shirt was a little wider, not that the size difference was much, but the body was evident.

- Do you want a cup of tea?

- Are you planning to poison the tea?

- Not yet.

- You think you're funny, don't you?

Pete walked to the window next to the sofa to look out onto the street, the rain and thunder continued, giving no indication that they would stop anytime soon.

- Then? Do you want it or not? Vegas approached Pete holding two cups in his hands.

- Who says you didn't poison?

Vegas smiled and sipped from both cups - Need more proof?

He handed the cup towards Pete who took it and drank a little.

- Do you have a charger? I want to call Tan to come get me.

- Yes, but my cell phone is different from yours. If you want to call, I'll lend you my cell phone.

- I don't know the number by heart. Pete said disappointed and with a little embarrassment, how was it possible that he didn't know his best friend's number by heart?

- You can sleep here on the couch and call the locksmith in the morning, or even look for your key on the street.

- Why are you helping me? Pete was a little confused, he didn't know much about that man.

- I already told you, unlike you I'm polite. Vegas sat down on the sofa in a carefree way.

- I think you better settle down, apparently, you're going to stay here tonight.

It was already late at night, but Pete still hadn't been able to sleep, Vegas had covered him up a bit before retiring and going to his room. He said he'd leave the door open in case Pete needed anything. Pete stared at the ceiling listening to the noise of the storm that fell outside. He thought about all the little discoveries he had made about his ex-boyfriend's case, Pete had discovered in his things an address and a cell phone, he discovered that in fact the address was of a club used as a front for a mafia family known to everyone in the region. Pete tried to enter the club, but that night he was informed that it would be invitation only, so he kept looking from afar to see if he recognized anyone, if he heard any names, but it had been in vain. He returned home and then turned on the cell phone and waited for a call or even a message, but so far everything he had discovered only frustrated him more and more and with his head full of thoughts he slept.

- No! No! Pete was screaming.

- Pete... Vegas' voice was soft; he was trying to wake up a Pete who was probably trapped in a nightmare.

- Pete... Wake up. Vegas was still trying to wake Pete, who was struggling and pushing him, Pete blinked trying to assimilate where he was.

- Vegas? He sat up quickly still trying to understand what had happened.

- You were having a nightmare.

- Sorry.

Pete noticed that the day had already dawned and got up quickly, he couldn't believe he had another nightmare, and this time Vegas was present. - Could you call the locksmith for me? I'll wait for him outside. - You can wait here; I'll need to go out a little. After Vegas left for a few minutes, the locksmith arrived, and Pete was finally able to enter the house. Pete who had been avoiding Vegas for a few days decided to go to the club to try to get some information, this time he managed to get in, the hours passed, and he didn't get any information that interested him, the moment he decided to leave he found a familiar face leaning on a motorcycle talking to two other people. It was Vegas.