Chapter 9: Kimchi Spaghetti

One of every woman's dream is to be a mother. Having a child is a blessing. But at the same time I'm scared. I'm afraid that I would not be able to raise my child well. I am not an expert when it comes to this.

~♡~

Min Na

"Min." I felt a finger poked my cheek. I lazily opened my eyes. I didn't realize I fell asleep.

We are now here at the conference room having a discussion regarding the current pandemic disease that had been threatening South Korea. I feel so bored. I know this lecture is important but my mind couldn't focus.

"Didn't you have enough sleep last night?" Jae-jae whispered.

"I had a good sleep. I just don't know why I feel sleepy. My head slightly aches. I think I'm having migraines." I massaged my temples. I had been experiencing this everyday especially in the morning. I think I need to see a doctor.

"You know I'm already 99% sure about you." He said.

"What are you talking about?" My forehead creased with his statement.

"Ah nothing." He sighed. "Are you really sure you did not stay up late? Or maybe.."

"Maybe what?" I pulled away because he had been leaning his face close to me and he is creeping me out.

"You and your husband did something last night." He narrowed his eyes on me as he pointed a finger. This guy!

My cheeks burned. "No!" I said. Some of the people looked at me. I wanted to sulk in my seat. Did I say it loud?

"Way to go Min! Way to go!" Jae-jae trying to suppressed his laughter. I wanted to whack his head with my shoe. "You are so defensive Min. There's nothing wrong about it. It's normal for couples you know."

"Will you just shut up." I gritted my teeth.

He raised both of his hands. "Fine. I'll behave. I'm just trying to make you awake."

"Nice one because you already did. I'll just go to the restroom." I said as I excused myself.

I leaned at the sink and closed my eyes. No Min Na! You have to stay awake.

I turn the faucet and washed my face. This is my only last resort. I reached for a handful of facial tissues at the dispenser to pat dry my face. I guess it somehow worked because I feel refreshed.

I was about to return back to the conference room when I smell something. It smell so good.

"Annyeonghaseyo Dr. Han!" A college intern greeted me.

"Hello!" I greeted back. My eyes automatically landed to a paper bag that she is holding. "What is that?" I pointed.

"Oh this? This are fish pancakes Dr. Han. I bought it outside." That's it! My mouth just instantly water.

"Well you could have it Dr. Han." She offered. "I had just eaten lunch anyway."

"Are you sure? I can pay it if you want." I said.

"No Dr. Han. It's okay." She handed the paperbag.

"Thank you." I said as I look at the nameplate on her uniform. "You are so kind Saehee."

"Your welcome Dr. Han. It is my pleasure. I'll go ahead doc!" She said and bowed.

"Thanks again." I said before she left.

I took the fish pancakes out of the paperbag and started eating. I finished two pieces of it in less than a minute. I am so famished. I threw the paperbag at the trashbin before I headed back inside the conference room.