Chapter 16

I gasp as I sit up nearly chucking myself off the bed in the process.  

"Hey shh" 

That was Paul's voice.  

He was in front off me.  

I smiled.  

Then my thoughts went back to my dad. He had the same green eyes and the same brown hair. 

How could he be alive. I'm planing to get the truth out of my mom no matter what.  

"It's ok...your mother was pretty worried...so was your father" 

"I just want to go back home to school...I don't want to deal with this right now" 

"I know but you will need to talk to them some time" 

"I can't" I whispered " not now"  

He nodded.  

"They won't let you go until you talk to them though" 

"I'm nearly eighteen they can't do that!"  

"Well until you are eighteen, your stuck until you talk to them" 

I sighed.  

"Talk to them" 

"No" 

"Please for me" 

I looked at him.  

"For me" he whispered.  

I nodded slowly.  

He smiled.  

He was being totally cheesy! 

But I didn't mind. 

Ok ok I can do this I can talk to them...but my dad it will be totally AWKWARD!  

"You can do this...I know you can" Paul told me lightly squeezing my hand before letting it go. I walked down the stares.  

"Katerina, I'm glad you are ok" I herd my moms frantic voice ring in my ears.  

I kept my head down.  

I sat down with Paul and brought my knees up to my chest.  

"Are you ok" it was my moms voice. 

"Yeah I'm not just in replay mode in my head" I said with sarcasm.  

"Oh right we know this is a lot to take in but we had no idea you would take it that way and faint"  

"How did you think I would take it?"  

"We thought you would do anything but faint scream, jump, cry...faint didn't come to mind" 

"Right" 

I put my head on my knees.  

"Kat...I think you should tell them strait what you feel" Paul whispered in my ear.  

I brought my head up and looked at my mom not wanting to look at my dad cause I'd break down and cry.  

"Honestly...it's killing me...vampires, mate, vampires child, vampire baby to be born, not so dead dad...it's a lot to take in, it's not even been 3-4 days" 

"We get it" my mom said.  

"All I want is to go back to school, lay in bed with ice cream and watch vampire diaries or some mushy gushy stuff and let all this" I said quickly looking to my dad and back "Let this all sink in" 

"If that's what you want"  

"That's what I want...I can't just take in my dad that I haven't seen in like 10 just like that" 

"We will let it be for now"  

I nodded. 

"I will phone you later" my mom said.  

"Ok"  

I stood up and walked to the front door. 

Paul was right behind me.