Chapter 2

Boarding school wasn't all that bad, considering that I've been here for nine months I should know that it wasn't bad...it wasn't like I always thought it would be like, it was good. Didn't have to wear uniforms or anything. But that didn't change the fact that's didn't want to come here in the first place.

The bad thing...five minutes to get from one class to another.

I was, at lest half of the time. Always late.

Running through the silent and abandoned hallway, Jess and I were late...again...

"Kat come on!" Jess puffed out as she ran.

She ran fast, her hair whipping behind her.

"I'm coming!" I huffed as I willed my legs to move faster.

Coughing for a breath I hurriedly grabbed my books, slamming the locker door shut with an echoing bang. I sloppily put one foot in front of the other as I attempted to run. I always hated running.

Books tumbling into the air, I tripped over my own feet, landing with a loud thud- my head smacking against the floor.

"Oh!" I screamed rubbing my swelling head, also straining my eyes to see through the blurryness.

"Are you ok?" a voice broke through the thunder of my throbbing head.

"...Oh, yeah, sure..." I mumbled.

"Ok?" the voice laughed.

I pushed myself up, turning my head carefully to the voice.

Sparkly, conserned blue eyes locked with mine, blonde hair falling slightly over them, making them seem intimidating against his extremely flawless, pale skin.

My long black hair filled my vision, snapping me out of my trance.

"Hello?" He asked, his head slightly going to the side as his eyes bored into mine with worry.

"Oh ...I'm sorry for staring..." I apologised.

He nodded slowly, a tiny smile edging at the corner of his mouth.

"Kat..." Jess' voice rang through my ear in a puff.

"Sorry Jess...I know, late" I said embarrassed, my face growing EXTREMLY hot as I flushed bright red.

I laughed, flinching as my head pounded, making my eyes water.

"You should really go to the niece about your head. It looks like a bad bump" his smooth voice said.

"Nurse...now" Jess grabbed my hand, lightly pulling me through the hallway.

"I don't want to go" I complained as I attempted to pull free.

Her grip only tightened .

"Life's not fair, deal with it" she sighed, rubbing her temples in agrivation.

"Oh my, what happened?" the nurse gasped, rushing to my aid.

"I smacked my head on the hallway floor after tripping" I told her, biting my lip.

"You might just be a little dizzy for a few hours, if it gets worse give the teacher this note and go back to your dorm. Stay hydrated all day and try not to fall asleep," she instructed "I'll give you a late slip so that you don't get into bother"

"Thank you" I smiled.

Opening the classroom door, Jess peaked in.

All heads snapped in our direction as I hid behind Jess, using her as a shield, hating being in the spotlit.

"Why are you late to my class girls" Mr. Vendytotsy growled at us, his cold eyes glaring at us.

"I...um...was...was at the nurse..." I stuttered, handing him the late slip with shaky hands.

He grabbed the note, ripping it in half before glancing.

"Detention after school" he snapped.

"That's not fair. If she hit her head then she hit her head, she has a pass, you can't do anything about that it's a fact" the smooth voice said, sending tingles through my body.

"Detention for you to, who knew, new kid has an attitude" Mr. Vendytotsy sneered.

I heard the mysterious guy sigh.

I quickly made my way to my seat, grabbing a pen, beginning to take notes on the lesson.

Glancing up every so often, I couldn't wait to get out of here...

Once the bell finally rang, I shot up and was out the door. Ready to take on the rest of the day...

*hours later, detention*

I sighed, walking into class for detention.

Meeting the piercing blue eyes I stopped in my tracks, face to face with him, my breath caught in my throat while I stared.

"I'm sorry..." I stated.

"Paul" he finished, giving me a small smile that made tingles shocked through my body.

"Paul. I'm Kat, short for Katerina" I answered.

He nodded, moving slowly away, now taking his seat.

I took a seat next to Jess, leaning my head on her shoulder.

"This is going to be a long detention..." she groaned.

Detention passed quickly. As I hoped it would.

Walking slowly to my dorm room, Jess followed silently behind me.

"I'm away for a sleep" I sighed, laying down on the soft covers.

"Alright" Jess smiled.

Closing my eyes. I welcomed sleep to come over me.