Chapter 07: The Moment Of Truth

Author's note :

This chapter is dedicated to all of the dads out there, to all of the cancer patients out there . I hope u enjoy it and feel what Elizabeth was feeling at that moment . this chapter is going to be from the past . Elizabeth is fifteen here

Flashback: ( dad is still alive):

Okay dad it is time to go " I said while grabbing the car keys. "I'm coming I'm coming you know I hate it when you get impatient. Calm down the hospital isn't going anywhere. " Replied dad.

As we were getting near the hospital I asked dad whether he wanted me to come inside with him. "Yeah sure you can come if you want to. It is just a blood test. I mean they are just going to tell me what they think about the fainting problem". He said as he was trying to unlock the door. "Okay sure I'll be right with you".

At that time I had a friend/boyfriend and he was texting me. Keep in mind I was 15 at that time so it was baby texting. So , the boy was asking me to go to the movies with him, and I replied back saying that I was busy at the hospital and that I can't make it. He replied back immediately and asked about the hospital's name. "It's the NWC hospital. Why?" I texted him back. After talking to him, I went inside the hospital and looked for Dr. Whitehall's office. I ended up finding the freaking office, It was a very dark office with nothing but a desk, some shelves and a dead fern on the window shelf. The environment was deadly. It was supposed to be a friendly environment to help patients get through whatever they are going through.

"Okay so my name is Dr. Whitehall and I will be your doctor. I think i got your test results here ... let's see.." said a tall skinny man while trying to open a jammed drawer to get dad's file.

DAD (Charles): "so are you going to turn on the lights or something. It's pretty dark in here.

Dr. Whitehall: the lights are turned on. "It's not dark in here. Ok here we go this is your file let me read it and Ill tell you what you have exactly."

I thought to myself " this doctor is not as good as everyone says. he was lazy to read dad's file before our appointment ,plus he was late" .

Dr. Whitehall: " oh him sorry to tell you this. Wait are you okay with your daughter being here? i mean she's too young ... never mind." Said the doctor with the most worrying look in his face. At that time I was to young to understand what he meant by I'm sorry I thought he said that just to be polite. But it turned out that he was not just polite.

Dad: "what's wrong with me?" asked dad in a demanding voice

Doctor Whitehall: " calm down. I'm sorry to tell you this but it looks like the doctors found cancerous   cells in your blood. I'm afraid you have leukemias. It is pretty late. I mean you are at a late stage. We can try chemotherapy but I'm not sure it would work. I'm so sorry."

My Nose turned red as soon as I heard the word cancer, and when I heard that he was at a late stage I immediately started crying and hugged my father. Then moments after that I asked the doctor a serious of questions seeking an answer that would make me feel better, make my dad feel better.

Liz: "how is he in a late stage? How did no one find these cancer cells before? , How can we fix this? , You can fix this right? , You have to fix this! , You can't just say that you doubt this would work? . There are lots of new and cutting edge technology out there. Find something that would help my dad! , Please please help my dad." I said while breathing heavily and sobbing.