Chapter 14

Zhan rushed into the hospital, tears streaming down his face, unable to control his emotions. "Wang Hao Xuan. Where can I find him?"

The receptionist asked, "Are you a family member?"

"I'm his husband," Zhan replied, his voice trembling. Yanli was sleeping in his arms from the car ride over. 

"He's currently undergoing emergency surgery. I don't have any further information at the moment. I'll inform the attending doctor that you're here. They need you to sign some documents. Please have a seat, and I'll call you when they're ready."

Zhan followed her instructions, feeling his heart pounding in his chest. He was overwhelmed with nausea, but he had to remain calm for Yanli. As he finally settled into a seat, his body felt weak. He needed to calm down. He began to breathe slowly trying to follow Yanli's own breathing and it seemed to help. 

Just then another man ran into the hospital lobby yelling, "Where is he? Where is Song Ji Jang?"

"Sir, please try to calm down," the receptionist said soothingly. 

"Where is he? What happened to him," the man asked. He was pale and shaking uncontrollably.

"Are you related to the patient?"

"Yes I'm Li Bowen. He's my best friend. He has no one else. I take care of him."

"He's in surgery right now. He was in a terrible car accident. Once I have any information I will let you know."

Zhan looked at the man before him. Many thoughts were swirling through his mind. Car accident as well? Song Ji Yang? Zhan remembered the receipt he had received from the hotel and under the name of the person who helped him was the name Song Ji.

"Excuse me..." Zhan managed to whisper, his voice barely audible. "Did you say Song Ji Yang?"

"Yes... do you know him? Can you tell me what happened?" The man approached Zhan, noticing the sleeping baby in his arms. Lowering his voice, he pleaded, "They're not giving me any information. Please..."

Zhan, feeling his heart sinking, asked in a barely audible voice, "Does he work at Cloud Recesses Hotel?"

"Yes, that's him!" The realization hit Zhan like a wave, and he felt a surge of nausea and dizziness wash over him.

"Hey... are you okay?" the man asked, concerned, as he noticed Zhan turning pale and stumbling backward. Reacting quickly, he held onto Zhan and helped him back to his seat.

Zhan, tears streaming down his face, struggled to speak. "He's..."

"What happened? Please, tell me," Li Bowen pleaded.

"I think... I think he was in the car with my... husband," Zhan finally managed to say.

"What? What do you mean? Who is your husband?" Li Bowen's voice trembled with realization. "With Xuan-ge?" The mention of his husband's name sent Zhan into a state of shock. "He told me they had stopped talking. He promised me that man was out of his life."

"They're both here..." Zhan uttered, his voice filled with anguish.

Li Bowen ran his fingers through his hair, visibly distressed, then pinched the bridge of his nose. "He told me that Xuan had left him. That it was over. He said you two had worked things out, that you weren't getting divorced after all."

"We were never going through a divorce. My husband cheated on me. We were actually in the process of having our baby through surrogacy," Zhan explained, his voice filled with pain.

"That's what I suspected, but Xuan had him completely fooled. Yang believed every single word he said. And how could he not? They spent evenings together, talked for hours while he was at work. We all hung out together frequently at clubs and bars," Li Bowen shared, the frustration evident in his voice.