xx | whirlwind

KEY:
sahana / veer 

INCOMING CALL FROM VEER

 "What the fuck am I hearing? You're engaged?"

"I am sorry I didn't tell you, Veer.  I needed time to decide how to go about this situation. But I figured it out. That's why I wanted to meet you yesterday."

"I don't care what you thought. I was falling in love with you. Don't you think I should know that you were fucking engaged?"

"I know. I should have told you. I am sorry. I was trying to find the right opportunity."

"You had so many fucking opportunities, Sahana. Don't bullshit me."

"God, you let me fucking kiss you."

"You could have at least told me before I kissed you, Sahana!"

"I am the same woman whether I am engaged or not! I made the choice to kiss you as well."

"I know that but you are promised to another man!"

"Stop treating me like I am some prize that was promised to him that you accidentally put in your pocket. I am a woman and I make my own fucking choices. You understand? I know it's wrong that I hid it from you. It's a mistake on my part and I understand that. I apologize for that. But I was too scared you'll stop talking to me when I tell you because I was already in deep with you, Veer. For a girl who thought she'll never experience love, you showed me that I can. Even through simple texts. Even without meeting each other. I wanted to treasure it as much as possible. I didn't want to let you go!"

"These are not excuses, okay? This is my perspective. You need to see it from my side. I know what I did was wrong and I was technically, even though I didn't voluntarily promise my loyalty to Jai, was cheating on him with you. It looks so wrong but it was never my intention to drag along two men into my mess. I am a fucking coward and things just happened on its own. I am sorry."

"Now stop yelling at me. I'm hurting too. Please, Veer."

"You know I wouldn't have stopped talking to you if you were engaged."

"No, Veer. I didn't know. You seemed like a person who wouldn't go behind engaged women. I was scared. I didn't want to take the risk."

"We could have worked it out."

"It's easy to say anything now, Veer, but at that time when our feelings were uncertain for each other, anything could have happened."

"I am upset, Sahana. I am devastated. I don't know what to say. This is too much to process. I thought we trusted each other."

"This is not about trust and you know that, Veer. I trust you with everything I have. I trusted you even when you were a stranger. How could you doubt that?"

"I don't know what to think."

"I know it's too much all at once and you don't deserve it. And for that, I am terribly, truly sorry. But I love you, Veer. And I'll choose you a million times over. It's you I want. It was always you. And I'm fighting to free myself. I'm fighting so I can have you. Things spiraled out of control but I'm handling it. I can make this okay. Just trust me."

"I need time, jaan."

"Okay."

"I'll call you when I'm ready to talk."

a/n: few chapters to go! also, quick thank you note to everyone reading! this story was at 1K reads yesterday and today it's 2K! idk what's happening but i love you guys!