Prologue

Blaire Bloodheart, is an eighteen year old she-wolf of the BloodShed pack. For years, she has been ridiculed and shunned by her whole pack. Most of the time, they pretend she doesn't even exist. Other times, they shove her to the ground and beat her until her bones break. Now you may be wondering, why is she treated so poorly? Well you see, Blaire is what is called a late shifter. This means Blaire did not shift when she was supposed to, it has been years past shifting age and she has yet to get her wolf. Shifting age is usually around the age of thirteen since their bodies are beginning to change at that time. She feels as if a part of her is missing and she'll never be complete. On top of that, she's never met her mate! Werewolves usually find their mates at the age of sixteen but here she is two years later with no mate. Some have told her, well more like screamed at her, that the moon goddess probably didn't bless her with a mate since her wolf is too weak to even surface on time. When really the truth is, after the pack realized she's a late shifter, she stayed in her house almost all the time. Her parents have been extremely supportive of her and do everything in their power to keep her away from people. Sadly though, she can't avoid school. Over the weekend she hears the new Alpha and Beta are switching to her school to finish their senior year. The first day of school with them being present, is today and she'll need to try her hardest not to run into either of them. Will she succeed and keep living her life discreetly?