10.

**Quin**

I was trembling the whole ride home.
It was a selfish request to be brought home, I knew I ruined everyone else's time at the lake.
But after Rhett and Soren made their appearance so soon after that other run in.
It had my nerves shot, and I was scared they were up to something.

My heart began to race as my street came into view and the knot in my stomach tightened.
"I don't know if you'll exactly be welcomed if you come in." I spoke softly, my eyes now on my lap as I frowned, my fingers lacing together as I tried to calm myself down.
Asher looked to me.
"It would make sense, I did treat you like shit, so I'm sure your parents won't be thrilled seeing me. But." He pulled into my driveway, his eyes on me now.

"If I cared what they thought, I wouldn't have brought you home, I wouldn't have kissed you more than once today Quin, so believe me when I say. I'm here only for you." He told me, leaning in as his lips gently pressed to mine.
I stared at him before letting out a shaky breath.
"Let's go inside then." I told him getting out of the truck and walked up to the house.

I pushed open the front door but stopped to find Amber there putting her jacket up.
"Quin? I thought you were going to the lake-- wait, why is this asshole here?" She frowned deeply.
"I deserve that." Asher shrugged.

I frowned at her.
"I'll explain about him later, are our parents home?" I asked her.
Amber frowned.
"Yeah, we're all in the family room just hanging out, is everything okay?" She questioned.
I looked at the omega.
"Please don't ask me that until I explain why I'm here, because after I'm done.. You guys may want me out of the family." I told her as Amber's brows furrowed.
"What did you do, Quin?" She pushed but I ignored her by taking Asher's hand and led him to the family room as Amber followed behind us.

"Quin? What are you doing home?" Dad stood from the couch, his hand on his stomach that was starting to show more as concern filled his eyes seeing Asher.
"And what is he doing here?" Jinx growled at the alpha who sighed.

"I have to talk to you guys, it couldn't wait and I had Asher bring me home." I responded.
"Well good, now he can leave." Jinx said.
"He stays." I argued not letting the others hand go.
"What the hell do you mean he stays? You don't get to say who stays here-"
"And you do?" I glared.

"Guys, knock it off." Iggy spoke up looking at us frowning as Jinx glared at the other.
"This piece of shit is the one who ALWAYS makes Quin cry and we get to hear about it EVERY TIME." Jinx glared.

"Maybe I should go." Asher spoke up.
"Screw maybe, you should." Jinx growled.

"Jinx." I frowned as papa looked at the vampire who flinched before looking at the other.
"That's quite enough, you're out of line, regardless of Asher being here. I'm more concerned to know why Quin looks so shaken up." He said.

It made my brows knit before my eyes fell on our dad.
"You told me before that I could talk to you when I was ready, I think I'm ready to talk now." I told him.
Dad walked up to me with concern in his eyes.
"Sit down and breathe first Quin, whatever it is you're going to talk to us about, no one here is going to judge-"

"Don't finish that sentence." I cut the other off with tears in my eyes.
"Because I already know someone is bound to judge me when they hear what I did." I told him.
It made his brows furrow in response before he took both of my hands and sat me on the couch as he sat on the coffee table, looking at me.

"What happened to you, Quin?" He questioned and just that made the tears fall fast.
"I-I was only fourteen," I cried sitting there now.
"I was tired of what my parents were doing to me, how they enjoyed the feeling of r-raping me over and over." My heart felt like it was going to bust out of my chest any second now.
"T-They started when I turned eight, because I was o-old enough to know what would feel good or not, but even though I voiced my opinion over how disgusting they were.." I looked up at my dad with fallen tears.
"They kept doing it anyway, a-and then the abuse happened.." I sat there crying harder.
"I was tired, I was disgusted and I wanted it to stop." I tried to make the tears stop but they wouldn't.

"So I reached out to some guys who I thought would help me, and t-they did.. They showed up at my house and they killed my parents." I sobbed sitting there as my body began to ache painfully.
"I begged them to kill what I saw as monsters and they did, and b-because I was only fourteen I had no money to pay them, s-so just like those monsters. They used my body as payment, over and over again." My face felt like it was going to melt sitting there with the room so quiet that if a pin needle hit the floor, you would hear it.

"Up until I was brought here, they found me every time and raped me EVERY TIME, because I was an omega." I cried.
"I'm so sorry, I'm sorry." I wept hiding my face now.

"Quin, the other day when you came home with Iggy, what really happened to you?" I heard my dad ask and it made my blood run cold.
I looked at him with tears streaming down my cheeks.
"I-I was having a real bad day and left school, I'm sorry I lied-"
"I'm not talking about you leaving school, which you will be grounded for later, but what happened to you after you left school and came home bruised up?" He asked me.

My face burned sitting there.
"I ran into them... They brought me into an old cafe shop and beat me before they raped me, they wanted the story I lied to you about look believable." I responded.

"Who are they?" I frowned deeply looking at papa whose arms were crossed frowning deeply at me.
"I can't say, they already warned me they'd come after you-"

"Quin, do you know who I am?" Papa asked me walking up and knelt down next to dad who watched the other before this softness appeared in his eyes as he smiled softly.
I looked at him.
"You're papa-"

"I'm Magna Ray Grimes, I have five beautiful children, two on the way and a breath taking mate. Before I met your dad, I ran into more problems with wolves than I did my own kind at first, after I got with your dad. I ran into more problems with both because no one approved our relationship at the time, because we were chancing creating a hybrid who is your brother, Iggy. I dealt with Ace Ellison, Church whatever his last name was, because he isn't important, clans and childish vampire leaders. And do you know what I did to most of them?" Papa questioned looking at me.

It made my brows knit but I shook my head.
Papa looked at me.
"I killed them, because I don't tolerate my family being targeted or threatened in any way, you are my family. My son, I fear no man or woman because I know for a fact, I can handle my own when it comes to a fight. Do I like taking lives? Absolutely not, but what pushes me to kill someone is knowing that my family will be safe, and I'll be able to sleep at night knowing my children and mate are here with me." Papa frowned softly.

"I'm not afraid to have these guys come after me, because I know I have friends who love getting violent-"

"Like Jackie?" Iggy questioned.
Papa smirked softly.
"Like Jackie." He agreed before his eyes fell back on me.

"So I'll ask you again, who are these guys that caused your life just as much grief as your parents did?" He asked me.

I frowned deeply at him.
"Memphis calls the shots, Rhett instigates, Sorens the hunter and Rhyne follows Memphis wherever he goes." I answered.
Magna stared before he nodded standing to his feet.

"Don't worry about them, because you won't be dealing with them any more after I'm done with them." Papa told me as I jumped to my feet now with tears in my eyes.

"Shouldn't you guys be disgusted with me? I killed my parents! I slept on the streets! I was their plaything because I was alone! You should want me out of your house!" I cried standing there as my body trembled.

"That's just it, baby, you were alone with no one to take care of you." Dad spoke up as I looked at him with tears in my eyes.
"You had no one to hold you as you made yourself survive on the streets, you did what you had to and that takes courage." He reached and caressed my cheek with tears in his own eyes looking at me.
"Deep down we're all broken in some way or another, but you should know you are not alone here. Your family loves you, I love you Quin, and that should mean something." He told me as more tears rolled down my cheeks.

"You are a brave little omega and it takes so much strength and courage to be standing here right now, to be open with everyone present, you are our family and we are yours baby and no one's going anywhere. Your home is here with us, until you graduate and want your own place, so dry your tears and know no one here is going to judge you for surviving hell and making it to paradise." Dad smiled softly brushing his thumbs under my eyes.

"However, you are still grounded for a week for lying about the other day, kidnapping is a serious matter and you shouldn't play with it as lightly as you did. Understand?" He questioned.
My brows knitted.
"I understand and I'm sorry." I responded.
Dad smiled softly.
"I know you are, but don't worry, this whole mess will get taken care of without you even noticing." He told me.

"Super, now that's over with, can we move onto the other issue at hand?" Jinx frowned deeply with his eyes locked on Asher who stood there.

"Right." Dad looked at the other before his eyes fell on me.
"Why is Asher here with you tonight?" He asked me.

"Oh, that's because-"

"We're dating." Asher cut me off as my eyes grew wide sitting there as I tried not to gawk at the other.
"That's a very sick joke." Jinx growled.

"It's not a joke, I've been confused up until this morning when Beau and Quin showed up at the lake house-"
"Wait, what happened to your other friends who were going?" Dad looked at me as my lips formed a thin line.
"Beau didn't remind them so it was just the four of us that were staying there." I answered.

Asher looked at me as I blushed but motioned for him to keep talking.
He blinked but nodded.
"I don't know what suddenly attracted me to him, but it was my idea for me and Mateo to also go to the lake house for the weekend so I could try to understand my feelings toward Quin, I'm still trying to understand them as an alpha, but when your parents are two omegas and you're adopted, it's sort of more challenging to understand your own rank." He explained.

"I thought your dad was the principal?" Iggy arched a brow at the other.
Asher looked at him.
"It was a lie to get me out of class, he is my uncle though, but he's a beta." He frowned.

"I know I'm probably not most of anyone's cup of tea, but with Quin I know I can try to be better, if I didn't care about him I wouldn't have brought him back here or stayed, but I don't care for outsiders who come here threatening what I like, obviously calling it dating seems a bit fast but I panicked and I really don't even know if he'd want to date me, I mean I've been a massive jerk to him at school but I want to change." Asher looked at me and it made me blush looking away now.

"Well I for one believe in giving those who I think deserve it second chances, and I'm interested in seeing just how much you can change if you really are interested in my son like you say you are." Dad's arms crossed looking at Asher who looked at him.
"I am interested." He replied.

Dad smiled.
"Perfect, you two can stay for dinner and afterwards you can go back to the lake and enjoy yourselves, but for now." He stepped up taking Asher's hand as he continued to smile.

"You can help me prepare the meal." He said dragging the alpha off.

I looked to the others as papa pinched the bridge of his nose but was grinning as he watched the two vanish.

Something tells me.
Asher is fixing to be in for a whole new awakening.