09.

**Quin**

My head felt like it was spinning from trying to process what was going on right now.
Asher Woods kissed me, not once but twice!
What was happening and why was everything inside of me telling me to trust him?
It made me want to put my walls back up.
But at the same time.
I wanted to enjoy whatever this was.
Whether it was real or fake.

"So are you two going to bone or..?"
My face caught fire at the words leaving Mateo's mouth who stood there looking at Asher who smirked softly.
"No, I'm not a complete horn dog like you are Mateo, this is a something I want to take my time with." Asher responded.
Mateo arched a brow.
"I forgot you're the boring type." He sighed.

Asher only grinned with a shrug, his eyes falling on me but I looked away which seemed to make his grin grow.

"How about we go for a swim? It's getting stuffy in here." Beau suggested fanning himself.
"Oho so that means I get to watch you undress?" Mateo grinned at the other omega who rolled his eyes in response.
"Come on you perv." He responded pulling the other out of the room leaving the two of us alone.

I stood there with my arms crossed and my brows were furrowed.

"You seem confused." Asher spoke up as I turned to him with a frown.
"Because I am confused, is this some kind of dare or a joke you just want to play around with until you get bored?" I asked him.
Asher blinked before his arms crossed.
"Is that how it seems?"
"That's exactly how it seems, up until this morning I was a street rat to you, now you want to show interest in me and kiss me? Look, I may be used to being treated like absolute shit, but I won't tolerate you confusing my heart into thinking you may actually give a damn about me now." I looked away with pain in my eyes.

"Quin-"
"What is it that you want from me Asher Woods?" I looked back at him now feeling angry with hurt written all over my face.
"Is it my ass? You wanna know what I feel like so when Tuesday rolls around, you can tell the whole school what it felt like sleeping with a fucking whore?" I asked removing my shirt and shorts, not caring at this point.

"That's it right? You just want to fuck me?" I asked shoving him back but he caught my wrists, turning us around and he pinned me right onto the bed.

"Get off of me!" I growled at him.
Asher stared at me.
"I don't want to just fuck you Quin Grimes, I want to understand you. Earlier you spilled your whole backstory to me, that was the omega in you trusting me. Now you're back to fighting me all over again. I don't see you as a piece of meat." He told me.
My brows knitted as tears filled my eyes.
"Stop pretending, please." I begged wanting to cover my eyes as I looked away from the other with a flushed face.

Asher smiled softly.
"I promise I'm not pretending, when I saw you earlier, something switched inside of me and it was like the alpha wanted the omega in you. That is how I know I'm not faking any of this, I would only be betraying myself." He explained as the tears slipped past my eyes.

"Quin look at me." 
I didn't want to, everything inside of me was fighting not to.
But despite how my insides felt.
I looked at him.

Asher released my wrists as he reached and caressed my cheek looking down at me.
"Can I kiss you?" He questioned.
It made my heart race and my cheeks burn as I glared at him.
"You really have to ask?" 
It made him smirk softly.
"Right how silly of me? I completely forgot I already kissed you twice, but still. How dare I ask for permission this time?" He was teasing me.

My eyes closed feeling his lips on mine and it made my body burn in response.
It made me want him even more.
My nails dug into the sides of his arms as I reached up kissing his neck before gnawing on his skin which earned a soft chuckle from the other.

"You better be careful before you mark me, Quin Grimes, then you'll really be stuck with me." He told me and it made my heart race as I stopped myself from practically chewing on the other.
He laid me back and his eyes studied me for the longest time.
It made me glare.
"What are you staring at?"
"I'm just realizing how beautiful you really are when you're not trying to be this big ass pain in my side at school." He responded.
It made me blush.
"I think it's the other way around, you're always cruel to me at school." I pointed out.

"Am I?" Asher smirked softly kissing my lips then jaw, soon my neck as my back arched.
"You are, and now you're being this disgusting nice guy, can I really truly trust you Asher Woods?" I asked him.
He stopped what he was doing and looked at me.
"Of course, I wouldn't take things this far if I wasn't being serious, what will it take for you to trust me?"
I stared at him as my brows knitted.
"Be nicer to me at school-"
"Done-"
"And outside of school?" I looked at him and it made him smile softly.
"Done." He responded kissing me.
-------
"Is the water still cold?" Asher questioned walking with me down the pier to find Mateo and Beau in the water.
"Hell no, it feels amazing, have you ever had water sex before?" Mateo grinned.

Asher stared.
"If you had sex in the lake, I'm taking Quin somewhere else." He responded.
"We didn't have sex in the water because one, that's fucking disgusting." Beau said now as Mateo pouted at the other.
"We really need to work on your foul mouth." He told the other.

Beau stared.
"We really REALLY don't." He smiled.

Asher glanced to me before sitting on the edge of the pier and I joined him, both of us sticking our legs in the water and it made me relax as I leaned back, my eyes closing as I tried to enjoy the warmth of the lakes water.
The thunder quietly roared above us, but it wasn't enough to make anyone return to the lake house just yet.

Before I knew it, we were in the water and my arms were wrapped around the alpha who had no issue holding me as we continued to swim in place.
My head rested against his chest with closed eyes, it made me want to go sleep.
That's how much comfort I felt for the moment.
I didn't want this to end.
I knew he was being serious earlier in the room, but there was apart of me that thought otherwise.
I was scared to get close to him, even though that's all I truly wanted.
I really liked this version of Asher.
He was less of a dick this way.

"Well, that looks like fun."

My blood ran ice cold as I dared myself to look up at the pier where a pair of vampires stood, it was too soon.
It made my eyes burn from fear and anger as Asher looked at the two.

"Can we help you?" He arched a brow as Mateo swam over to us with Beau in hold, frowning at the strangers.
But they weren't strangers to me.

Rhett knelt down at the edge of the pier, smirking softly with amusement written all over his face, his red eyes piercing me.

"Alphas aren't exactly my taste in men, but that omega you're holding definitely is." He responded and it made Asher growl in response.
"Sorry but he's spoken for, I suggest you two move along before you piss me off more than you already have." He warned.

Rhett smirked softly in response.
"That's quite the reaction, I wouldn't advise making an enemy out of us, Quin there knows all about our tempers." He responded.

"Hey buddy, I don't know what your deal is, but you're really killing the mood here." Mateo spoke up now frowning at the two.
Rhett looked to him.
"It's hard to kill something that was never there." His eyes fell on me now.

"Quin, let's have a chat yeah?" He smiled icily at me and it made my brows knit, because it was Rhett.
Frowning softly I looked at Asher.
"I won't be long-"
"You're not going off with these guys, whatever they have to say, they can say it here or piss off." Asher responded with a glare.

It made Rhett grin.
"You sure love testing the patience of a vampire, wolf-"
"You haven't seen anything tested yet you blood sucking piece of shit." Asher growled now.

"Let me reword this so Quin will be more than willing to walk with us for a minute, remember that sweet family that took you in?" Rhett smiled at me and my brows knitted before I was pushing away from Asher who growled in response.

"Are you serious right now, Quin? You're going to go off with them-"
"I have to." I responded frowning at him.
"If I don't, they'll come after my parents, my siblings.. For the first time in years, I actually feel loved and appreciated there, I won't have these guys threatening them, I made a deal with them when I was fourteen.. There's no escaping this fate, I won't be long." I smiled at him and it made his brows furrow in frustration.

"If you're not back in five minutes, I'm coming out and getting you, understood?"
It made me smile softly.
"Understood." I kissed him quick and swam to the pier.

"That's a good wolf, a little disobedient but quick to come after the second warning." Rhett smirked and it made my stomach knot up as I got out of the water, cradling myself I followed after him and Soren who whistled walking ahead of us.
---------
"Memphis wanted me to relay a message to you, he's currently out of town for a few days with Rhyne." Rhett walked behind me as I frowned looking at the back of Soren's head.
"That's unlike him, did something happen?" I questioned.
"He had other business to attend to, but his message to you is simple." I let out a sharp gasp being slammed into the tree by Rhett who's eyes pierced me like daggers.

"Don't be stupid and don't try running away, we know where you're living now and if there's even a chance you think you're smarter than us? You are sadly mistaken, because if you run off, that picture perfect family you're living with will all be slaughtered before you can even beg for forgiveness." Rhett smirked as the tears burned my eyes.

"I had no plans on running away, I'm not that stupid." I growled but let out a whimper when he grabbed my face, his red eyes turning black.
"No of course you're not, you are an easy fuck and have a little bit of brains inside that skull of yours. It's just a friendly warning that if you do try to run? Your family will be killed and once we get our hands on you?" He smirked softly.
"You'll wish you were dead too." He let my face go stepping back as the tears continued to burn my eyes as I glared softly.

"Oh and if I were you, I'd tell that alpha you were glued to, to show a bit more restraint with his cocky attitude. I'd hate for something to happen to him, especially when you seem so interested in a dog like that." Rhett smirked as my brows furrowed.

"I'll talk to him." I responded.
"That's a good pet, always doing as his master tells him, I'll let your disobedience from earlier slide this once, only because I'm in a good mood. But next time?" His hand wrapped around my neck as fear penetrated my body.
"I won't be as kind." He smiled and it sent chills through me before he let go.

"Until next time." He laughed as him and Soren both vanished into the woods, leaving me alone.
------
I returned to the water cradling myself, but the other three were already out and Asher was right in front of me.
"Are you okay? What did they do to you?" He asked me.
It made my brows knit.
"Nothing." I looked away.
"He just had to relay a message to me, that's all." I told him.
Asher's brows furrowed.
"What was the message?" He questioned.

It was hard to swallow.
"To not be stupid or run away or they'll come after my family." I responded as tears burned my eyes.
"This is all my fault." I cried.
Asher moved and brought me into an embrace.
"It's not-"
"No it is! If I had never begged for help back then, they wouldn't be after me and threatening to kill my family if I try anything stupid." I tried to hide my face but Asher held my wrists looking at me.

"What do you want to do, Quin?" He asked me.
I looked at him with a flushed face.

"I want to be stupid, I love this family I was adopted into Asher, I don't want to see anything happen to them." The tears fell as I looked at him.
"Take me home, please." 

Asher was hesitant.
"And then what will you do?" He questioned.
It was hard to breathe as I looked at him.

"I'll tell my family the truth.. and then.."
I was hesitant as my body trembled.

"I'll warn them."