04.

**Asher**

"Do you think that cheeky little omega would let me smash?"
I wasn't sure why, but the sound of Mateo's voice this early on a Friday morning, was already giving me a headache.

"Which cheeky omega are you even talking about? There's a school full of them." Kai Boyd pointed out the obvious to the blond who stared at him.
"Not true, there's that Omega kid but I think he's spoken for." Mateo argued.
Kai arched a brow.
"Oh yeah? By who?"
Mateo looked to the black haired alpha.
"Pretty sure Alpha Stewart has been eyeing him for some time now." Mateo responded.

I only scoffed in response to that.
"Then he's anyone's game Mateo, unless Alpha straight up marks him, Omega is free to grab so if he's who you want-"

"He's cute but he's not very fun." Mateo sighed which only made me scowl at the other.
"Then who the hell are you interested in?" I dared to ask.
Mateo actually had to think about it before he answered right away.

"Beau Morris." He answered as Kai's hazel eyes grew wide.
"No way." He laughed in response.
"The best friend of the kid Asher can't stand who is ALWAYS mouthy?" Kai asked trying to stop himself from laughing.

Mateo glanced to me then to Kai.
"So he's a feral omega, nothing wrong with that-"
"There's a lot wrong with a feral omega." I corrected the other with an arched brow.
"For one, they don't know their place, they tend to challenge other alphas and they're always picking fights, it's unattractive and how a lot of the omegas remain unmarked." I explained to the other with crossed arms.

Mateo stared at me.
"But! They make life a lot more entertaining, I just think smashing with him once would be enough for me." He shrugged.
"Unless he actually smashes you." Kai grinned at the other.
"He's always with Quin Grimes, I really don't think he's interested in smashing Mateo, I mean he might smash your face for even coming onto him-"

"Coming onto who?"
I looked over my shoulder in the parking lot as Claire Hansen and Brooke Adams walked up to us, arm in arm but not together, they were omegas and already clarified they weren't into each other like that.
I don't buy it though.

"Coming onto Beau Morris." Kai answered looking at Claire who arched a brow.
"I'm pretty sure he's a beta, he has no sexual appeal and flirts with absolutely no one, plus! He's always with that cutie Quin Grimes."
Again with that fucking name.

"Ew no way, you think Quin's cute?" Brooke giggled as Claire grinned at the blonde.
"Yes! Don't you? I mean sure, he was found on the streets, but the reason is pretty depressing actually." She argued with furrowed brows.

"Hold up, street rat has a sad backstory besides just being a rat who stole food?" I asked amused now with crossed arms.
Claire's eye actually twitched.
"Yes actually, I don't know if the rumors are true or not, but apparently the kid's parents were killed by vampires right in front of him." She told us.

I didn't like it, but I got chills standing there as that familiar camry drove up with the ones we were talking about began to exit the car.

No one said a word as they walked right past us.

"That's like awful, he has no other family that could have taken him in?" Brooke asked as if suddenly interested.
Claire frowned at the other omega.
"No, but not long after the incident that's when the famous Magna Grimes swooped in and adopted him." She told us.

"But isn't he a vampire?" Kai questioned.
Claire nodded with crossed arms.
"He is, although I've heard nothing but good things about him, and his mate Moxie is a beautiful omega too." She sighed heavily.
"I hope I get that lucky, they were like Romeo and Juliet back in the day, the daddy says no and brings in the big guns to have Magna and his friends killed, meanwhile tried to keep his own wife and children prisoner in their own home. Except! Moxie found a way to escape, saved the love of his life and his friends then family, daddy goes to prison for attempt manslaughter and so forth and then after all of that, they had Iggy." She smiled softly.

"And now Iggy is the very first hybrid to have not one but three mates, it's seriously crazy." She added as we walked towards the school building.
"I bet the sex is awkward." Brooke commented.
"Unless they do it in pairs." Claire grinned.

"Okay can we seriously get off this subject? I feel sick just talking about the street rats family history, so his family was killed in front of him and now hes adopted by a messed up family, lets move on." I said rubbing my temples in frustration.

Claire rolled her eyes, again, before taking Brooke by the arm.
"Alright grumpy, we'll see you in second period, oh! Mateo don't forget to run the lake plans by Kai and grumpy!" She said dragging the other omega off.

Ignoring the name calling, I turned to Mateo.
"Lake plans?" I repeated.
Mateo grinned.
"Wanna escape for the weekend? Deer Lake is just screaming our names for a two day relaxing va-cay baby-"
"Don't call me that-"
Mateo smirked at me now.
"Seriously, the girls are all about it and it would be good to get away and relax." He said now.

"He has a point." Kai shrugged looking to me.
"It would be nice to get away from the drama." He pointed out.
There wasn't even much drama happening yet, but the idea of it was beginning to give me a headache.

"I'll go as long as you guys keep the street rats name and his family out of your mouths, I'm over hearing about it." I said now.

Mateo grinned with a shrug.
"As you wish Mr.Grumpy pants." He said walking with us towards the first period.

I hated it but I glanced to his locker to find him still there rummaging for something, I wanted to mess with him but after hearing so much about him this morning, it was just putting a knot in my stomach from the annoyed thought of hearing his voice.
So for once, I ignored it and went straight to class, with the thought that wouldn't leave my head.

Why were his parents killed in front of him but he was left alive?
--------
I think I sat through the whole class period pondering that question, not once have I found that street rat interesting, but ever since Claire mentioned his past, it's made me interested to know the answer to that question.
And it wasn't like I could ask his siblings anything, I was pretty sure they all hated me.
Especially that emo vampire kid whose name wasn't even worth remembering.

When the bell rang for second period, I made my way straight to the restroom simply because I wasn't in the mood to see his face just yet.

Pushing the door open, I only frowned for jinxing it because he was trying to leave just as I was trying to walk in.

"Good morning street rat." I smirked down at the other who had annoyance fill his green eyes looking at me.
"And here I was thinking I was lucky this morning by not getting to hear your lovely voice." Quin responded and it made that knot return.
"You should know by now luck doesn't exist for you, I mean your parents were killed right in front of you, that's pretty-"

"What did you just say?" Quin cut me off and his tone was colder than I expected but there was nothing but hurt in his eyes looking at me.
And for the first time.
I regretted what I said.

"You heard me." I responded not wanting to repeat it now that I knew it was in fact, true.
But it also felt like I overstepped because it looked like any second now, he would break, and as much as I wanted to see that happen.
Part of me really didn't.

Quin was quiet for the longest time.
"Yeah well, sometimes even the unluckiest person is more lucky than someone so full of arrogance." He responded shoving into me before storming past and headed straight to the next class.

And for once.
I was unable to respond.
I couldn't even feel angry because I knew I was the one in the wrong, using his past against him for a reaction?
Just how childish could I get?

Not even needing the refresher I originally wanted, I stepped into the hallway and made my way to second period and went straight to my desk, and when I looked in Quin's direction.
He was staring straight ahead with his eyes almost looking black.
Was he that angry?

For some reason,  I blame Claire for opening her damn mouth about anything regarding him, but now I blame myself for being out of line.
Now the shit was awkward.
And I wasn't one to apologize but I felt like I needed to.
Shit.

"HE SAID WHAT?!"
There goes the fucking neighborhood.

"Beau Morris! Watch your language." Ms.Waters scolded the other as the omega stood from his desk glaring.
"Ms.Waters, permission to take Asher Woods out of the classroom to beat his ass?" He requested as my eyes grew wide from how bold he sounded, and it was about me.

"Oh shit." Mateo laughed looking at me.
"What did you do now, Ash?" He asked me grinning.
I just groaned.
"Stepped on a fucking land mine apparently." I responded.

"Permission denied Mr.Morris, I suggest you cool your temper before you're sent to the principal office-"
"Yeah but-"
"No but's Mr.Morris, whatever conflict you're having with Mr.Woods can wait until the weekend when you're off school property." She told him.

Beau's eye twitched in response.
"But he said something I don't think should wait until the weekend, Ms.Waters please-"
"Beau! The answer is no." Ms.Waters glared now.
"I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but the behavior ends here in this classroom, am I understood?" She frowned deeply at the other.
Beau glared at her.
"No offence ma'am, but no you're not understood-"

"Oh my god." Mateo laughed.
"I should have brought in popcorn from the drama this morning." He grinned wickedly and I only rolled my eyes in response to the idiot next to me.

"I'm not understood? Okay Beau, go to-"

"Ms.Waters, can I please be excused?" I frowned looking in Quin's direction who sat there trembling as Ms.Waters frowned at him.
"Quin, class has already started, between you and Beau I don't know whose behavior is more inapp-"
"Please." He pushed looking at her with actual tears in his eyes.

She frowned softly.
"Fine, but after class I expect an explanation on what's going on with you, fair enough?" Her arms crossed as Quin nodded before rushing out of the classroom.

Mateo leaned over towards me.
"What did you do that set a fire under Beau's ass?" He asked me.
I looked to the other.
"I used Claire's bluff about street rats past and turns out its true, his parents were killed in front of him, but apparently it was a sensitive subject because I got called arrogant and now I've pissed off two omegas." I explained.

Mateo stared at me.
"You kind of deserve it then." He smirked softly with an arched brow.
"I mean I knew you were an ass who for some reason can't stand the kid, but to use his past against him for a reaction? Talk about cruel." He sighed leaning back in his desk.
"Not even I'd go that far." He added.

I sat there before pinching the bridge of my nose.
"Should I apologize?"
"You're asking me if you should apologize? If you have to ask, then you should already know the answer dumb ass." He told me.
Glaring softly I stood up from my desk.

"Mr.Woods-"
"I need to speak with my dad." I cut Ms.Waters off who stared before sighing as she shook her head.
"Go." She responded excusing me as I stepped out of the classroom.
She definitely needed a raise for putting up with us.
Maybe I could run that by my dad after I deal with this other problem first.

Making my way to the restrooms because I figured that's where he'd be, I stopped at the sound of sniffling in the locker rooms.
Was I really going to swallow my pride by apologizing to the street rat?
I knew I was in the wrong.
But I didn't need this unwanted tightness in my chest to keep squeezing me as tight as it was.

Sighing, I stepped into the locker rooms.

"Look street rat-"

"Oh, looks like we've been caught."

My eyes opened and my blood ran cold from the scene playing in front of me.

Quin was against the locker with a flushed and tearful face with his shirt torn and jeans shoved down.
And he was being pinned there by no other than.

Ambrose Gibson.
...

Why does this day keep getting more and more irritating?
Now I have to kick ass before I apologize.

And I'm already exhausted.