Chapter V: The Promise

For the last stop of their trip that day, they went for a seaside sunset “date”. Under the Red orange sky and embraced by the soft sea breeze, Mashiho sat comfortably on the white cloth lying freely on the sand whereas Junkyu’s head was resting comfortably, eyes closed, on Mashiho’s lap, with the younger gently twirling the elder’s hair. It was as if they were in their own dreamland where every hope and wish were fulfilled without any hesitations and uncertainty. It was as if they were given that much time to savor the sweetness of young romance. But no matter how much you enjoy something, things happen and halt everything.

The silky, smooth collisions of sky burst red and yellow in the night’s calm. Red and orange glitter the sky, a sign of retreat from a day-long journey. Same goes with the two of them. They sure both enjoyed each other’s company. But a day is too short to cling into unsure emotions. They both felt the butterflies in their stomachs. They both experience their world stop and rose petals dancing around them whenever they stare at each other. They both admire each other for various reasons but everything seems to be too rushed and short-lived.

 They both admire each other for various reasons but everything seems to be too rushed and short-lived

Unexpectedly, that fateful day happened when Junkyu had to leave and get back to Korea, without anyone’s knowledge, not even Mashiho.

Junkyu is waiting for Mashiho to come to the place they planned to meet upon. It has been a month since they started going out with each other and he cannot deny the feelings he has been harboring for Mashiho since day one. For the month they spent their vacation together, Junkyu made Mashiho his subject. Everytime they get out together, Junkyu sketches or paints his cutie. And now he has only one page left for him to accomplish.

For the days he spent with Mashiho, he rarely gets to see the spurs of his mysterious subject, instead, he sees Mashiho and his bubbly face. Using the sketchbook of his subject, he finished all the sketches with Mashiho’s face and it fit perfectly like it was really his face that is needed to complete the artwork.

"Last one and let's be official," Junkyu whispers while looking intently at the solitaire diamond ring he plans to give Mashiho.