6│THE GREEN-EYED DRAGON

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ sᴛᴏʀᴍʙᴏʀɴ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐒𝐈𝐗 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴛʜᴇ ɢʀᴇᴇɴ-ᴇʏᴇᴅ
ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ ꒱

❝ BESIDES, 'THE CAREFUL'
IS MY EPITHET. ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

Dany was breathless when they landed in the cove. Her face was flushed from the adrenaline of navigating Toothless between the sea-stacks and her heart was still pounding in her ears as she dismounted the Night Fury unsteadily. As Hiccup landed Drogon some feet away to give the big dragon enough space, she threw her arms around Toothless' neck.

"You're the best!" she exclaimed happily, feeling the warmth of the black dragon's scales against her cheek. "That was incredible! I've never flown like that before. It was amazing— you're amazing."

She continued to gush to Toothless happily, pulling away to scratch the dragon's throat. The Night Fury let out a pleased, warbling noise that told them how he was eating up her praise. "So graceful and magnificent! You are the most amazing dragon—"

Having dismounted Drogon, Hiccup watched the display with a slightly disbelieving look on his face, his arms crossed against his chest. "Uh, we're a bit jealous over here. You do know that Toothless is my dragon, right?"

"Of course I know that, and Drogon's great, but he knows he isn't the most agile. But don't worry— you're amazing, too." She paused, then smirked in amusement. "Do you want chin scratches as well?"

The brunet's face turned pink at her compliment before he tucked his chin against his chest. "No thanks, I'm good."

"Are you sure?" she asked, advancing on him with her hand outstretched.

"Y-yeah. Definitely sure," he said as he backed away from her— he didn't like her mischievous look at all, if growing up with the twins had taught him anything. He wasn't able to get far as his back hit Drogon's snout. When he whirled around in surprise, the dragon almost seemed to smile slyly at him, if a dragon could do that.

Dany took the boy by surprise, jumping on him when his back was turned. Caught off guard, her extra weight sent them both tumbling to the ground. They rolled around on the grass in a tangle of limbs and laughter as the blonde attempted to tickle him under his chin. They stopped by the edge of the lake with the boy landing on top of her, his hands on either side of her head.

Peals of giggles were still escaping her lips as she lay underneath him while they caught their breath. Dany went tense underneath him, her laughter dying away as she became uncomfortable, not used to having her personal space invaded like this— even by someone that she considered a friend. The boy also  seemed to realize the position they  were in immediately and he turned as red as a tomato while he  jerked away from her.

"Too close!" the blonde exclaimed, blurting out the first words that came to mind. Her violet eyes were very wide as she gazed up at him, not daring to move in case it made things even more awkward.

"I-I'm sorry," Hiccup stammered, his voice filled with embarrassment. He hastily got up, awkwardly brushing himself off as if trying to physically distance himself from the situation. "I didn't mean—to, uh, do. . . well, end up like. . ." he trailed off helplessly, staring at the ground.

She pushed herself into a standing position and brushed off her dress, grateful for the extra distance. They stood in a suddenly awkward silence as neither quite knew what to say next. Dany twined her fingers along the hem of her vest and chewed on her bottom lip as she tried to think of something to talk about. In the end, she decided to pretend to yawn and stretch. "Well, I think I'll call it a night. Um, good luck with dragon training tomorrow. That's when someone gets picked for the final challenge, right?"