2│DANY AND THE NIGHT FURY

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ sᴛᴏʀᴍʙᴏʀɴ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴅᴀɴʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ
ɴɪɢʜᴛ ғᴜʀʏ ꒱

❝ DONT CALL [DRAGONS]
TARGETS. THAT'S BARBARIC 

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

On the opposite side of the archipelago, Daenerys Targaryen's early morning also started with dragon fire— but in a much more controlled fashion. Because she was terrible at starting the fire by herself, she used Drogon's to light the embers in front of her so she could make breakfast. The spurt landed neatly on the tinder, which went up in flames. As she waited for it to get hot, she puttered around to prepare the oats for the porridge and plates for the table setting.

Unlike the Berkians who lived in the village, her mornings were quiet and peaceful, undisturbed by dragon raids or yelling Vikings. Out in the country, it was just her, her parents and their three dragons; there was no drama or disruption to their established routine. Her mother and father were out riding their dragons, Viserion and Rhaegal; she would take Drogon out later in the day.

As far as she knew, they were the only ones who actually rode dragons. Although they were far removed from village life, they still managed to get gossip in their small corner of the world and knew that the enmity between dragons and Vikings was alive and well. They even saw the damage done by Berkians firsthand when an injured dragon showed up on their doorstep looking for aid. (It seemed that every dragon had communicated with one another that, unlike the villagers, the Targaryens were allies.)

Daenerys knew that it hurt her parents to see the reptilian casualties, especially because of their long standing fight against such violence. It hurt her, too, to know that humans could inflict this kind of damage on another animal, especially one this. . . magnificent. She shuddered at the thought of what the Berkians would do if they got their hands on Drogon or his brothers. That was why they had the unbreakable rule of never flying near the village. She was quite happy to follow this decision after seeing what damage those people could do to a dragon the size of a Monstrous Nightmare. Drogon was the largest of out of the three and at least double the size of the biggest Viking boat.

By the time her porridge was ready, two shadows had fallen over the clearing. Her parents landed their dragons easily and slid off, both of them landing neatly on their feet. As Rhaegal and Viserion went over to greet their brother energetically, Ingrid and Randolf came over to join their daughter at the table. Out of the two of them, Daenerys looked the most like her mother: they both had very light blonde— almost silvery— hair, violet eyes, and pink, full lips. However, she had her father's shorter stature and willowy build.

"Did you have a good ride?" Daenerys asked conversationally as they began to eat their breakfast.

"Mmm," Ingrid said, swallowing her bite before she continued. "There was another dragon raid last night. We saw Berk up in smoke as we rounded the East side this morning."

Randolf nodded in agreement. "I used my spyglass to get a closer look. The sea stairs were still on fire even once the sky was light." He shook his head in disbelief. "I definitely don't want to meet the person who caused all that damage."

"How do you know it's just one person?" the blonde girl wondered, a bit more defensively then she'd intended. "There's a whole town full of people, not to mention countless fire-breathing dragons."

Her father raised an unimpressed eyebrow. "They literally fight fire with fire, Dany. There's gotta be someone careless enough to do all. . . that."