Cleansing Spells

Pre-Ritual/Spell Bath Scents

To cleanse and relax the body before a ritual, and to energize the psychic centers. Fill small sachets of muslin cloth with equal amounts of the following herbs:

Basil (for psychic energy)
Borage (to strengthen the inner self)
Lavender (to banish mental and emotional stress)
Centaury (a traditional witch herb)
Rue (a traditional bathing herb)

(Warning: Rue is a known abortifacient - a plant that will induce abortion - and should not be used or handled by pregnant women.)

Put a sachet into your bath five minutes before you get in, to give the aromatics time to work.

Exorcism/Cleansing Spell for a Home

Take a large bowl of salt and sprinkle a pinch or two over the exterior doorways and windowsills of your home. Make certain you get each and every one.

Choose the room that has the strongest negative feel to it. Light a white candle. In a large fireproof bowl combine the following:

1 tablespoon powdered garlic

1 tablespoon peppermint

1 tablespoon ground clove

1 tablespoon dried/powdered thistle

a handful or two of sweetgrass

sage or dried oak leaves

Carefully light the mixture so that it smolders, giving off an aromatic smoke. Leaving the candle lit, carry the bowl in to each room and repeat the following:

In the name of the Eternal Lady and Lord I bid thee part.

I consecrate and clear this space.

Let nothing but joy linger here.

When you have done each room, return to the first, set the bowl beside the candle and wait for the remaining mixture to burn out.

Take the ash outside and sprinkle it over the grass/flowerbed/etc, thereby returning it to the Mother.

Cleansing Your Aura

Meditate and visualize your aura, all the good and bad energies like a living blanket of energy. Then visualize a small white ball radiating from your breastbone, inside the aura.

While taking deep and rhythmic breaths, make the ball expand. As it expands and comes into contact with your aura, you will feel a mild tingling sensation. This is the pure energy acting to "burn off" the negativity and negative emotions attached to your aura.

Continue to expand the ball until it completely encompasses you. You may hear a ringing in your ears, or a sizzling/static-like noise. That's ok.

Hold this image in your mind until you feel certain the negative energy has been diffused.

Take a deep breath and hold it while you visualize that white light becoming like fog, dissipating around you, falling harmlessly away.

What remains should be your normal, at-rest aura.

You may want to do this several times the first week, then maybe once a month (or more during periods of stress) thereafter.

Parsley Spell for a Peaceful Home

Gather freshly cut parsley and place it in a pan of water. Let it soak for nine minutes, and then sprinkle the water throughout the house while visualizing a calm environment.

Peace will be restored.

Clearing / Cleansing Magickal Space

 Chant the following as you walk clockwise around the space you're cleansing, holding lit incense with your hands up to the moon/sky/sun.

Incense, air of high refine, purify this space of mine.
Purged and purified be this place that I have chosen as my magickal space.
Herbs of Mother Earth give blessings here to me, this rite, this sacred sphere.
Protect and cleanse this sacred place,
Hallow it now as my magickal space.

Do this at least 3 times or until you feel all energy is positive

Herbal Witches Cleansing Bottle

To make an herbal cleansing bottle, pour a layer of sand in a large clear bottle.

Add layers of dried herbs, one at a time: first rosemary; then lemon peel, sage, cedar, black peppercorns, lavender, dill, bay leaf, and rowan.

When the bottle is full, focus cleansing protective energy into the herbs and sand, and see a golden light radiating from the bottle. Visualize the herbs driving away negative influences.

Cork and seal the bottle with white wax (or another color of your choice).

Using a permanent marker, draw the Algiz rune on one side of the bottle, and on the other side draw a pentagram.

Set the bottle near your front or back door, and every six months, uncap, pour the herbs out into the woods or your compost heap, and thoroughly wash and dry the bottle before filling it with a new round of herbs.

Home Cleansing Spell

Choose the room that has the strongest negative feel to it. Light a white candle. In a large fire proof bowl combine the following:

1 tablespoon powdered garlic,1 tablespoon peppermint, 1 tablespoon ground clove, 1 tablespoon dried/powdered thistle, handful or two of sweetgrass, sage or dried oak leaves

Carefully light the mixture so that it smolders, giving off an aromatic smoke. Leaving the candle lit, carry the bowl in to each room and repeat the following:

In the name of the Eternal Lady and Lord I bid thee part.

I consecrate and clear this space.

Let nothing but joy linger here.

When you have done each room, return to the first, set the bowl beside the candle and wait for the remaining mixture to burn out. Take the ash outside and sprinkle it over the grass/flowerbed/etc, thereby returning it to the Mother.