First Day of Bionic Academy

"Welcome to the Davenport Bionic Academy." Mr. Davenport says as Adam, Bree, Chase, Leo, and I step out of the hydro loop.

"Whoa, cool," Bree says as we all enter the brand-new academy.

"Ooh, a window," Adam says, running over to the window.

"This is awesome!" I exclaimed.

"Wow, the hydro loop is amazing. We just went from the mainland to the middle of the ocean in less than thirty seconds." Chase says.

"Yep, my lunch just went from my stomach to the floor in less than three," Leo says.

"So, what do you think?" Mr. Davenport says.

"Beautiful view, tons of space. I'm assuming we'll be living in the basement again." Bree says.

"No. Here, we call it below sea level." Mr. Davenport says. "By the way, the hydro loop will take you anywhere you want to go on the island at any time." He walks over to the large counter. "This is one of the main classroom areas, and here, is the training area where we'll develop the kids' skills and teach them to become bionic heroes." We walk through the blue sliding doors and into the training room. It was a huge white room with a lot of open space and the Davenport logo was in the middle of the floor.

"If you couldn't teach Chase how to be one, what chance do they have?" Adam says. He puts an arm on Chase's shoulder while Chase just gives him a look.

"Guys, this is serious. You have important roles as mentors." Mr. Davenport says.

"Don't worry, Big D. We got this. Now what exactly will I be teaching?" Leo says.

"Nothing. You're a student." Mr. Davenport says.

"A what? But you gave me a mission suit. You said I was part of the team." Leo says.

"Yeah, he says a lot of things. By the way, still waiting on that sweet sixteen party." Bree says. Bree, Chase, and I leave the training room.

"Leo, you are a part of the team. But you've only had your bionic arm for six months. You still have a lot more to learn." Mr. Davenport says.

"Well, that's the last time I save your life," Leo says, crossing his arms. "Come on, Big D. I am ready. Adam, tell him."

"Leo, were you not listening? I'm a teacher now. It's Mr. Adam to you." Adam says.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The next day, we were all at the academy with the students. Mr. Davenport, Adam, Bree, Chase, and I were wearing black and white uniforms while the students wore uniforms with different colors on the sleeves. The different colors were red, orange, green, and yellow. "Hey, what's orientation day?" S-3 asks Adam as he and Adam sit at the counter in the common room. S-3 was wearing a uniform with red sleeves on them.

"Oh, that's just a fancy way of saying that Mr. Davenport's gonna talk a lot," Adam says.

"I heard that." Mr. Davenport says. "And he's right." He walks over to Bree, Chase, Leo, and I. "Hey, guys."

"Don't hey, guys us. I look like a bionic bumblebee." Leo says, referring to his black and yellow uniform.

"Hey, so what do all the different colors mean?" I ask.

"Mr. Davenport and I assessed each of the kids' bionics, and the colors represent their level of mastery. See, red for expert, and it goes all the way down to yellow for beginner." Chase explains as he shows us the chart on his tablet.

"I'm a beginner?" Leo says.

"Don't worry. I am, too." A boy who is shorter than Leo says as he walks over. He looked to be about twelve or thirteen and was also wearing a black and yellow uniform. Leo turned around and looked over the boy before he looked down at him. The boy smiled and waved.