Cyborg Shark Attack

"Man, that movie was awesome!" Adam says as he, Chase, Leo, and I walk into the house.

"Yeah, Shark Beach definitely lived up to the hype," Chase says. "Although I couldn't hear most of it over Leo's screaming. Shark! Ahhh!"

"No, Chase, that's not right. It was more like, ahh!" Adam says, mocking Leo's girly scream.

"Oh, it was not that loud," Leo says.

"Dude, girls said you were screaming like a girl," I say, making Chase and Adam laugh.

"Look, it's hard for me to talk about, but when I was younger I had a very traumatic experience with a shark," Leo says.

"You did?" I asked Leo confused.

"It was the dead of summer. I was playing in the water when all of a sudden everything turned red. That's when I realized..." Leo says dramatically.

"Realized what?" Adam asks.

"It bit me," Leo says.

"A great white," Chase says.

"No."

"Hammerhead?" Adam says.

"No."

"Tiger?" I say.

"No."

"Thresher?"

"No."

"Bull shark."

"Okay, it was rubber," Leo says.

"Wait, wait, wait. You were bitten by a toy shark at the beach?" Chase asks Leo, trying hard not to laugh.

"No," Leo says. "It was a bathtub." Adam, Chase, and I laughed. "But that water was choppy. And I was not the only victim. Mr. Froggy is still missing."

"You know what else is missing?" I say.

"What?" Leo asks.

"Your manhood," I said before Adam, Chase, and I walked away.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

At school, Janelle is sitting on the bench with a CPR dummy when Leo walks up to her. "Hey, we still studying for our health class CPR exam tonight?" Leo asks her.

"Your place at seven?" Janelle says.

"Well, I was talking to her, but you're welcome to join," Leo says, gesturing to the dummy.

"She's plastic and even her stomach is turning from that one," Janelle says. Adam, Chase, and I walk up to Leo and Janelle.

"Hey, Janelle, aren't you a little old to be playing with dolls?" Adam says. "Give it to Chase."

"It's not a doll. It's a CPR dummy." Chase says. "Or in your case, another inanimate object that's smarter than you."

Adam just laughed and sat next to the dummy, putting his arm around it. "Hey, Leo, maybe after we're done studying we can go see Shark Beach," Janelle says.

"Yeah. Already saw it. Two thumbs down." Leo says.

"Really? I loved it." Janelle says.

"And eight fingers up!" Leo says.

"I love sharks. They fascinate me." Janelle says.

"Me too!" Leo says.

"They're the most misunderstood creatures on the planet," Janelle says.

"I know! So they eat people. Leave them alone." Leo says.

"I tried to see the movie again last night, but someone kept screaming the whole time," Janelle says.