Nicknames

Group get together, successful.

As their day ended in the ice cream parlor, everyone spotted up into three different groups from going home to anything that they want to do to waste the day to night.

Max explored the city with Kyou.

Noodle and Reina decided to head home together.

And the same could be said with Shikimori and Y/n as they strolled through the familiar neighborhood they lived in. They had a few other things they wanted to talk about that was either left out in the conversation at the restaurant or wasn't ideal to be said in front of anyone but themselves.

They walked and talked for minutes with no room for silence as they approached the same fork in the road as before.

"And as usual, this is where we part..." they stopped as Shikimori nods. "Yup..." she says before turning to Y/n and spread her arms out to him.

He knows what she wants, smiling softly and pulling her into a hug.

Because obviously, that's what best friends do.

They part away and part ways as Y/n waved to Shikimori.

"I'll be seeing around soon, Shiks~..."

Suddenly, her eyes grow wide and a blush soon appeared.

"Sh-Shiks?!" She blurted out as the boy's playful expression turned concerned. "Oh, was the nickname bad?"

That's what he assumed but the girl shook her hands in defense. "N-No! It just... took me off guard..." she laughed nervously, her expression grows soft, the name "Shiks" pops into her mind.

"But Shiks... I like it..."

"I'm glad you do..." Y/n said. "It took me eight months to think of that name..."

"Wuh- Eight months?! But we only started hanging out two months ago!"

"...Eight months..."

Y/n chuckled. "But I wasn't too sure if you'd like it or not... but it looks like you do..."

Then a smile.

His one of a kind smile that Shikimori loved a lot as she couldn't help but get mushy all the while smiling back.

Finally, Y/n took the opportunity to head home, waving back. "I'll see you at school, Shiks~..." he said as this was the final time they'll be seeing each other for awhile.

"..."

"...Hey, Y/n?"

Nope, we're running it back one more time, boys.

"Yeah?" Y/n answered, finding Shikimori rubbing the back of her neck and glancing down at the ground for a second.

"...I-If any case... could I call you by a nickname as well?"

...Yes... A nickname from Shikimori?

Y/n was very excited to hear what Shiks had in mind. It was basically a pet name to Y/n, he was going to plan on calling her "Shiks" often if they started going out.

"I mean, it's only fair..." he smiled softly. "Do you have one?"

"I was just wondering, that's it..."

...Damn...

A letdown.

But Y/n stayed optimistic.

If the topic earlier had her curious on giving the h/c a nickname as well, it'll only be a matter of time until she'll reveal it. Whether she did have one already or after some thorough thinking.

So Y/n doesn't let that bring his mood down.

"Okay... Well, if you do have one, I'll be looking forward to it..." he said as now for the final time, they parted ways. "I'll see you later, Shiks~..." Y/n waved as Shikimori did the same thing, keeping her gaze on him until he disappeared from her view.

A small blush appears on her face.

...Yeah... I'll see you later too...

"..."

"...Darling~..."