Ice Cream

The end of school.

That also means the end of the sports festival as we had different winners from different classes being acknowledged for a brief moment before being let go.

With Class 1-A, their girls' volleyball team were able to seal a close win thanks to Shikimori's sudden motivation to play harder.

And for the boys' basketball team?

Runner-ups for first since they lost their three point shooter for a stupid remark.

Although it was a bummer, it was just a game to Y/n and Max as they awaited for their third friend in front of the school who getting an earful from the headmaster.

Within a few minutes, the boy with black hair and golden highlights finally arrived. He held a small piece of paper in his hand as Y/n takes notice. "What's that?"

"A slip that I need my parents to sign to show that they're aware of my suspension..."

"Over a joke?"

"It's twenty twenty-three... People don't like jokes anymore..."

"Oh, yeah... but you don't seem to down about it..."

"I mean, I am the author... I can just rewrite it and say they'll let me go with a slap on the wrist..."

"But wouldn't Miguel O'Hara kick your ass?"

"..."

Y/n and Noodle takes a glance at Max who watched innocently.

"...It wouldn't be canon, right?"

"...I'm not gonna ask who's Miguel... I'm not a video game type of guy..." Noodle said as he rips up the piece of paper in his hands and rewrote the past to what he wants it before, a warning.

"Now that that's out of the way, heard we were gonna get ice cream..."

"Yup! Y/n promised!"

Y/n nods.

"Alright, so where's Reina?"

"Reina is already at my mom's workplace with Shikimori..."

"Shikimori?"

"I invited her..."

"Well, why were you waiting for me? This is practically a date for you and her!" Noodle exclaimed before pushing Y/n towards their destination with Max following behind.

"But I didn't want to leave the boys!"

"I don't mind at all! If Shikimori's on the line, you need to go!" Noodle said as he continued to push Y/n until they were at the dessert parlor that he worked at.

"..."

It didn't take long but they were here.

Y/n's workplace and favorite spot to eat and hang out in. A great place to grab desserts since they were rated as one of the best places that served their homemade ice cream, pies, cakes, and whatnot.

The boys were here for one thing and entered inside, a bell tolled for their arrival as the first worker to react was a woman Y/n knew fondly.

"Hi, mom!"

"Hi, sweetie! Whatcha up to?"

"Friends... and looking for Shikimori and Reina..."

"Oh, well they're over at the window!"

She points at a booth near the window where Shikimori and Reina heard their names being called by Y/n's mom. Once the two groups found each other, they waved and greeted with large smiles on their faces.