Basketball

The day of the sports festival.

The event that the readers were looking forward to read in this fanfic as a trio of boys were watching along the railing of the second floor.

Their attention on the basketball courts on the first floor, four groups of girls all warming up a few minutes before their game started.

They talked among each other but only two of them were invested on the conversation as the third one with h/c hair and e/c eyes watched two of the girls in their class doing some last second warm up until the referee comes in to start the game.

"You got this Reina! Shikimori!" Y/n decided to cheer them on now as the two glanced his way. Reina acted cool and did a short salute as Shikimori stopped in her tracks and waved excitedly to him. "Hey, Y/n!~"

"Shikimori!"

They continued the small wholesome exchange until she was in position to play some volleyball.

"You can do it!"

"Nice save, Reina!"

"Next time, Shikimori! You got it!"

For Y/n, he has been cheering and complimenting his two friends for a whole. His other two friends who were boys next to them took notice of it.

"You seem to be cheering Reina on a lot..."

"She's my best friend... Wouldn't you do the same for her?"

Noodle chuckled softly and turned his attention to Shikimori and was a little concerned.

"But Shikimori isn't doing very well..."

Y/n turns to Shikimori as well and saw that she had her hands on her knees, talking to her classmates.

She looked tired but Shikimori seems to be talking to her teammates about the last few points they gave up.

It looks as if she was accountable for her mistakes, she wasn't much of a volleyball player after all.

As Y/n clenched his hands on the railing, he made sure that Shikimori heard the next words to lift her spirits.

"Don't give up, Shikimori!"

All eyes were on him, especially the pink haired girl and her team as he threw a thumbs up. "I know you can do this! You're very athletic so this is light work! Finish it with style!"

That seemed to brighten her mood somehow, earning nothing but an embarrassed smile and a hue. But she got to playing as after the first set she lost, she would win the second and third set as her team was taking a small break.

Y/n looked forward to seeing her win this last set until,

"Class 1-A and Class 1-C! The Boys' Basketball Tournament will start in half an hour!"

The teacher calls for the three boys that their class was playing. Noodle slapped both Max and Y/n on their shoulders, "Let's go... We need to stretch..."

"Okay!" Max answered as Y/n nodded to his small friend and turns to Shikimori who was about to take the court.

"Let's go, Shikimori! Win for me!"

"Go, Reina!" Noodle and Max helped their other friend out one last time before they turn to leave to play in their basketball game.

...

"Damn... We aren't getting anywhere..."

Well, this game could've gone any better.

Y/n and his team was currently losing the game by an eighteen point deficit as they were all arguing during the half, Noodle trying to keep everyone together.