Chapter 16 | Xyrus's Prelude (Part 2)

As the carriage began to approach our destination, I glanced towards my still pouting sister who was looking out the window with an expression of nostalgia.

"Have you been here before?"

"Hm?"

My sister didn't bother to turn her head in my direction, but hearing my question I saw a small smile appear on her face as she responded.

"I have, why?"

I shrugged.

"Your expression seems like you're remembering a pleasant memory, and you seem to be in an unusually good mood."

Hearing this Athena nodded and before giving a cryptic explanation.

"I get to see a friend I haven't seen in a while."

I raised an eyebrow.

'She has a friend?'

'Maybe it's a boy~'

Hearing my daughters comment I just shook my head.

'It's not.'

Sylvie, who was resting on the bench next to me, glanced at me with a teasing glint in her eye as she said.

'I can already imagine it~ After the death of her dear brother, Athena Leywin, who was in need of some comforting, stumbled across Desimusious VIII who- AHHH!'

Fed up with my bond's teasing, I started to flood her mind with memories of her younger days when she revered me as her 'Almighty Papa', causing her to curl into a ball in embarrassment.

Sigh...*

'You were so cute back then... what happened?'

...

"We're here~"

My sister hummed cheerfully as we stepped out of the carriage, taking in the surrounding sights that were filled with hundreds if not thousands of students who were either enrolling or returning after summer break.

"Although I appreciate the enthusiasm, we should hurry over to the check in counter to get our student ID's before the line gets too long."

Hearing my words, she glared at me for trying to ruin her mood, but then took the chance to look at the already forming line.

"Hmmm, fine."

...

After about fifteen minutes of waiting in line, we were finally met with a young woman in formal attire who was responsible for handing out ID's.

"Name?"

She called out in a neutral tone while turning her gaze up towards my sister.

"Athena Leywin."

Hearing my sister's name, her eyes widened slightly before returning to normal as she smiled and commented.

"Nice to meet you Miss. Leywin, you should know that your only the second of the 'Myths' to check in~"

My sister raised an eyebrow.

"Pardon?"

The receptionist chuckled.

"You haven't heard? 'The Myths', is what people are calling the seven strongest of your generation!"

Hearing this, Athena grew curious and asked.

"How do I rank among them?"

The receptionist gave an amused smirk and said.

"I'm also quite curious as to where you place, so please, place your hand on the crystal ball~"