Chapter 6 | Changes

"Alright... we have a deal."

...

After reviewing the pros and cons, I finally decided that in regards to her proposal I had more to gain than lose, and that if worse came to worse and I was found out by the Asura's, I could just give up her daughter under the presence that she failed to properly hide her daughter's aura.

Following my acceptance she told me that she needed an hour to prepare herself and in the meantime told me to mentally prepare myself as she whispered about the process being far from painless.

...

"Alright Alex, are you ready?"

As the promised hour of preparation ended, she broke her meditation and opened her crimson eyes as she sat up from her throne and turned to me.

"Yes, I should be fine."

Although I didn't take her comment about the process being painful seriously, I decided to clear my mind of any and all feelings just in case her words were true and it was really painful enough to overcome my own pain tolerance.

As she confirmed my words she nodded and walked over to me with surprisingly gentle steps.

"Then I'll Begin."

As she spoke that sentence her eyes were dyed a purple color and she placed her armored hand on my shoulder.

Suddenly an overwhelming purple light engulfed the cave and I got the strange feeling that I was no longer in the cave.

"Sharp as always."

Although her comment affirmed my speculation she didn't bother to explain how she separated us from the surrounding space or where we were now. And then few seconds after she confirmed my statement the light faded and I quickly took in my new surroundings and came up with a hypothesis as to my new location.

'I'm probably in a pocket dimension created using aether. I must say, she's smart.'

After our last situation where she was almost found because of my breakthrough she probably came up with this dimension to hide her aura as she merges her body and soul with my own.

"You don't need to praise me too much, since after I successfully merge my soul the space will crumble and you'll be forcely teleported to a safe location."

"You seem overly worried about my safety. Why?"

She smirked as her demonized body began to morph into a humanoid form.

"My daughter's safety solely relies on you. So as far as I'm concerned, your life and my daughters are one and the same."

As her words ended her form fully shifted into that of a horned, white haired woman with purple eyes, and she handed me a multicolored egg.

"Guard it with your life."

"As long as you keep your part of the deal, I will."

She nodded and her body began to glow with hundreds of, if not thousands of runes, each one glowing with a purple-golden light.

"Well, this is it... goodbye Alex."

As the light being emitted from the runes reached their apex her form started to dissolve into a golden cloud and her soul which usually wasn't tangible was glowing in the center of the cloud with a purple light.

'Wait... this isn't right. What is she doin-'

I wasn't able to finish my thoughts before the golden cloud engulfed me and the purple soul flew into my chest, prompting me to be overcome with unbearable pain.