Chapter 6: Hospital

When we entered the waiting room most people were in there. "Sanzu, how is he?" Mitsuya asked me concerned, behind him was Peh-yan and Baji, the rest were looking over at us with concern. "Critical condition, he's in surgery now." I say quietly, even knowing how the future will play out I can't help but worry.

"Ken-chin will be fine. He will live. After all he promised we would rule the world together." Mikey said with a straight face. A few moments later the doctors came out with the news. "He has survived, he is out of critical condition. The surgery was a success." Once the doctor said that everyone was relieved. Emma cried in happiness, Hinata was comforting her. Takemichi and his group of friends were chanting, and the other captains went outside to let the gang know the news. Mikey however disappeared from the hallway into another.

I turned the corner and saw him leaning against the wall, his head in his hands crying. He always acted strong, especially in front of others, however being with him for years I was able to read him like an open book, in private he cried. "Mikey, he's safe. He won't leave you." I assure him while kneeling down in front of him and patting his head. He continued to cry, so I wasn't sure if I said something wrong or not. "Thanks... Sanzu. Takemichi told me how you helped. Thank you for saving Ken-chin." Mikey said, smiling at me. I nod my head and pat him again before standing up and tossing him a tissue. "Dry your eyes Mikey, and anyone would have saved him. After all he's Draken, our friend and second in command." I answer before walking outside, and to my apartment to explain to Muto what happened, since he would ask.