Chapter 8- Don't fall in love with him!

"Good morning students!"

"Good morning mam."

"The results of yesterday's surprise quiz is out. As you all know, the winners of this quiz are going to represent our college in the intercollege quiz competition. So the two are Aryan...."

Everybody started clapping except for Aarushi. Though she had no belief she would be selected.

"And the second one is..."

"Kavya!" Kavya said to herself and rejoiced at the thought of being with Aryan during the preparation.

"Aarushi!"

Suddenly Kavya's face expressions changed. As if she had already planned her all the preparations with Aryan in a minute.

Aarushi was surprised. "Wow, how can it be me?" She thought.

"But wait what...with...Aryan?" She looked at him. He was already looking at her perhaps thinking same as her. She immediately turned her eyes away. Aryan too did the same.

"Congrats Aryan and Aarushi! I hope you both will bring pride to aur college."
Everyone clapped again.

Aarushi was in dilemma. She couldn’t grasp what just happened.

"Umm Aarushi..." She heard Kavya's voice. She was sitting behind her.

"Don't get me wrong...like I am happy for you....but..."

"Hmm?"

"Please don't purpose him!"

"What?"

"I mean...please don't fall in love with him...please."

"Yeah don't worry Kavya. I won't!"

                         ******
"Aarushi and Aryan, make sure that you give your best for this competition. Our college has always been the winner and we expect the same this year too."

"Yes ma'am"

"You have one week to prepare. Do it with full cooperation so that you both would be able to know each other's  weak and strong points and can support each other during quiz."

"Yeah sure mam."

The professor left. Aryan looked at Aarushi.
"What to say to her now?" Aryan asked himself.

"Umm..." Aarushi stared the conversation, "so we can meet at library after college?"
"Not at all." Aryan replied,"  You know no I can't focus at the place which has a lot of disturbances. Rather find a silent place."

"Oh okay so..."

"I don't want to say this but there's no other option." Aarushi whispered to herself.
"At my home?" She asked.

"Umm-okay." Aryan hesitated. "Send me your location. Umm...give me your contact number."

Aarushi looked searchingly at Aryan.
"You don't have my number Aryan?"

"I- actually I changed my phone number last year so-"

"Oh I thought it was difficult to find it in block list again."

Aryan turned his eyes away in order to not to make eye  contact with her.

"Anyways, here's my phone number.  Text me and I'll send you my address." She gave a fake smile.

Aryan saved her number and texted her.
"Okay then, see you at 5." Aryan said and left.

"We can't even talk to each other without being awkward, how are we supposed to work on the quiz together!" Aryan wondered.

                   ********

5 pm

The doorbell rang.

After a few seconds, the door opened followed by a shrill scream.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?" Shouted Adya.

"Why can't I be here?"

Adya rolled her eyes.

"Don't tell me you are dating Aarushi again."
Just then Aarushi came towards the door.

"Oh you are here. Come in."

"What is he doing here?" Asked Adya.
"Ada I told you about quiz competition right. He's here for the preparation."

"Now if you both sisters are done with your investigations may I please come in?"

"Yeah, come inside please." Invited Aarushi.
Adya gave Aryan an irritated look and left towards their room.

Aarushi took Aryan to their room.
"Don't tell me that you both are gountto study here." Protested Adya.

"Of course Ada! Where else?"

"Oh God! I can't stay here then!"

"Where will you go?"

"To the hell." Adya left.

"Umm...your sister still hates me?" Aryan asked.

"Well, she hated you even when we were together. What do you expect after you left?"

"So was it all my mistake?"

"No, but you never told me what was my mistake."

Aryan looked down. Aarushi looked away.
"Okay I think we should start." Said Aryan slowly.

"Yeah"

Aryan took his seat and immersed himself in books. Aarushi did the same. It was all silence, as no one uttered a word.