Chapter 6- A lot has changed in a year

The next day, Aarushi reached college at about 7:45. Aryan too entered at the same time. She saw him but didn’t say anything.

Aryan thought she was trying to ignore him, but she was more embarrassed for what happened the day before than ignoring him.

“Hi, Aarushi.” He greeted slowly.

“Hi, Aryan.” She said, In a way looking away from him.

“Long time no see!” he added just to say something.

“As per your wish.” She smiled, forcefully.

“Umm…sorry for Jiya’s rude behavior yesterday.”

“Hmm…sorry for my weird behavior yesterday.”

“Well that’s okay. I didn’t expect you to be here though.”

“Neither did I.”

“So, may I know the reason why you are here pursuing journalism while you were to go for psychology?”

Aarushi looked at him searchingly.

“Why?”

“Nothing, just curious.”

“Well, considering the fact that you didn’t know whether I was alive or dead for the whole year, do you deserve to know why I am here instead of being where I wanted to be.”

“Hmm, ye-yeah. Right.”

“Well, you wanted to go to USA to pursue journalism right? The how come you here?”

“Umm, I believe if I don’t deserve to know your side of story, then why should I tell mine?”

“Yeah. Seems like a lot has changed in a year.”

“Yes. After all, change is the law of nature.”

“Yeah.”

“Okay then, class will start in five. We should leave, I guess.”

“Yeah, bye.”

“Bye, umm, see you later.”

“I don’t think so.”

“Huh?”

“Let’s not make it complicated, Aryan. When we both know we are so uncomfortable talking to each other, then why do that?”

“Yeah, you are right. Why fake it when we both don’t want to. Bye.”

“Bye.”
               *****                                                                  
“Why are you looking at me like this, Ada?”
“I still can’t believe you said this to him. You, you finally moved on?” she was glad.

“I don’t know, for the whole time we were separate, I- I just wanted him to be with me. But now when he finally was, I felt so, so uncomfortable. I just wanted to run away from him.”

“It happens, Aarushi. You wanted him to be with you like he was before. But now things have changed. Situations have changed, he has changed and you too have changed. Then how will priorities be same?”

“Maybe, just leave it.”
                                                                       *****     
(on call)

“You still haven’t moved on, Aryan?”

“I have, Dev.”

“If you would have moved on, then you wouldn’t feel uncomfortable around her. The memories of the past wouldn’t have troubled you anymore.”

“She was uncomfortable too. Does that means she-..”

“Probably, yeah, she hasn’t moved on too.”

“Then let it be Dev, everything will fall in place with time. Let’s not discuss about her anymore.”