Car Accident Part 3//Loosely based on If I Stay

Will

After I followed the doctor into some room, he didn't waste any time. I didn't blame him. If I was going to be Cole's one shot to live, you bet I would do anything to make it happen. The doctor inserted the needle into my arm and I turned my head. I really hated needles.

Once everything was done, the doctor said I was free to go. As I was leaving, he grabbed my arm. "You're a good friend. You could have just saved his life."

I walked out of the room without saying anything. Today has been rough, on all of us. I wasn't in the mood to talk anymore than I needed to. At least not about Cole.

When I arrived back in the waiting room, Dalton was talking to the lady at the desk, and Dana was no where to be seen. Gabe and David were both silent. I sat down next to Gabe and waited for Dalton to come back, hopefully with news.

Dalton ran his hands through his hair, like he always does when he's nervous. "They said that he's halfway through surgery, but they don't know if he'll make it after that," Dalton whispered. "They did say that your blood was what made him this far. He was about two minutes from loosing too much blood."

I know that should have made me happy, but it made me completely loose it. I buried my head in my hands and sobbed. I don't know what it was. If it was everything that had happened, or that Dalton had said he was this close to dying, or probably a combination.

"Hey, it's okay," Gabe patted my back, though I could here the hesitation in his voice. "He'll make it. He's a fighter..."His voice broke. "He's got this..."

Dana

I'd been sitting on the nasty hospital bathroom floor for twenty minutes now. Just crying. I had came in to try to pull myself together, but being in the absence of the public made it worse. How did today go from hanging out with two of my best friends to crying on a bathroom floor? I like to think of myself as a pretty tough guy. I'm usually not quick to cry, at all. This was different, though. I've been with Cole for a little over five years now. We're practically brothers. We've literally been together through everything. When Dalton and everyone else left, Gabe, Cole and I were there for each other. When Cole's girlfriend cheated on him, I was there to comfort him. And countless other things. Who's going to be there when the next tragedy strikes? Oh, right. It already has.

Third Person

Surgery was done. That didn't mean everything was over, though. Cole is still in critical condition. The doctors were talking about how they don't think he's going to make it. They need a miracle for Cole to pull out of this.

The doctors and nurses walked into the waiting room, not expecting to be bombarded by five teenage boys asking about their friend.

"Is he alive?" Dana, who had finally come back from the bathroom with puffy eyes, asked.

"Is everything okay?"

"What's happening?"

"He didn't die, did he?"

"Your friend is out of surgery," The main surgeon announced. You could see the weight being lifted off of all of their shoulders. "But he's still in critical condition."

"Tell us the truth," David whispered.

The doctors looked at one another and sighed. "We-We don't expect him to live very long. He could wake anytime now, but you better get your goodbyes in." And with that, the doctors walked away, leaving a crying mess of boys.

Dalton

We slept over night. Overnight in those crappy plastic chairs that you could hardly sleep 45 minutes in without waking back up. Which, I guess, in our case, that wasn't too bad. We'd asked the desk ladies to wake us once Cole regained his consciousness.