Car Accident Part 2//Loosely based on If I Stay

Will

As Dana was explaining, I had decided to put the phone on speaker so David and Dalton could hear as well. Thank God they were here with me. Before Dana had even finished speaking, David and Dalton were grabbing their coats and running to the car. I was the only one left in the house when I hung up the phone. I had to stay strong. We don't even know the details. For all we know, he could have just broken a few bones. I took a deep breath, looked in the mirror, and ran out.

David had started the car and the two of them were waiting on me. I hardly even had time to shut the door before David took off. I could hear Dalton's heavy breathing in front of me.

"He's gonna be fine," David reassured Dalton, though I could hear in his voice he was reassuring himself as well.

"All those things I said...What if he isn't?" Dalton's voice broke. "How am I suppose to tell him I'm sorry for everything if he isn't even alive for me to see him?"

I felt my eyes tearing up. What if Dalton was right? What if Cole died before we even got to see him? No, Will. No thinking like that. We already had Dalton crying, I need to stay strong.

Gabe

My parking job wasn't the best. I practically just drove into a spot, turned the car off, and we both sprinted out. I made sure to grab my phone for any updates from Dalton, David, and Will.

Once we ran through the front entrance, Dana led the way. Instead of taking the elevators, he opened the door to the stairwell. We must have ran up three flights of stairs before finally making it to the floor the police had told me. The two of of burst through the door and into the empty waiting room.

"We're here for Cole Pendery," I said to the lady at the desk. "He was just in a bad car accident. The police told me he'd be here." I could hardly breath from all the running, not to mention the fact that my best friend is in critical condition.

The lady checked her computer for the name. "He's in surgery as we speak. It looks like a semi spun out of control and the two collided," The lady explained. "Your friend was thrown from the car."

"Well, how is he? Is he going to make it?" Dana panted.

The lady's face fell. "I don't know. It isn't looking good. He has a collapsed lung, a ruptured spleen, broken ribs, abrasions on his legs and face, internal bleeding from an unknown origin, and-" she stopped short. Everything she named that was wrong with him was like a knife to the stomach.

"What is it?" Dana's voice cracked again.

"He also has contusions on his brain. I'm sorry, but you two better be praying for a miracle."

Dana

When Gabe and I walked away, my breathing had hitched. I practically had fallen into the hard, plastic chair underneath me. I couldn't even bare to look at Gabe. I was hardly keeping it together just staring at the gum wrapper under the chair across from me. God, please let him be okay. I can't loose him. The fans- the fans. How were we going to tell them? No, I can't think about that right now.

The lady who was at the desk walked over to us and handed us a bag. "A woman who was working at the wreck just dropped this off." She touched my shoulder sympathetically and went back to her job. His phone. As soon as my fingers wrapped around it, I closed my eyes. I wasn't going to be able to keep this wall up much longer.

After sitting in the waiting room for about ten minutes, I heard running footsteps coming from the hallway to our left. David, Will, and Dalton had arrived. I hadn't seen them in forever, especially Dalton. Actually, the last time I saw them was the day each of them left the band. This wasn't the way I wanted to be reunited.

"How is he?" Will asked with worry in his eyes. I could tell Dalton had been crying.

Gabe began to list all the things wrong with Cole, and I couldn't take it. I finally broke down. I couldn't even stand up. He can't die. I just knelt down and rocked back and forth. I didn't care what I looked like. I couldn't loose my best friend.

"I'm so sorry, dude," Dalton cried. "I was angry, I didn't mean any of the things I said."

Gabe was on the verge of tears now. "Come on, guys," David spread his arms, motioning for us all to hug. Will pulled me off of the ground, and all five of us hugged. Tears were flowing from everyone. We must have stayed like that for like three whole minutes. Will was finally the one to break the hug.

Third Person

The medics were operating on Cole. They were doing everything in their power to keep him alive. He was loosing too much blood.

"Listen, baby," One nurse said. "If you live, if you die, it's all up to you. So whatever fight you got in you, you gotta pull it out now. You've got a waiting room full of friends out there praying you make it out alive."

"We need more blood!" Another doctor yelled. "B Positive!"

"We don't have any more of that!" Another nurse yelled.

David

While we were all sitting in the waiting room, waiting on results, a doctor came running in.

"We need more B Positive," He said to the new lad who had come to work at the desk.

"For the kid in the car accident?" She asked.

I looked over at them.

"He's loosing too much blood, if we don't get any, he's gone."

The lady went into a room for a few minutes and came back empty handed. The doctor put his head in his hands.

"Will, don't you have B Positive?" I quickly asked.

"What?"

"Blood type! What's your blood type?!"

"Oh, yeah," Will causally replied.

"We've got B Positive blood!" Gabe, who had obviously been listening in on their conversation as well, yelled. Gabe and I pulled Will out of his chair and rushed him over to the doctor. After explaining a few details, the doctor rushed Will into the back.

We might have just saved Cole's life.