Round 3 - Orange Belt Entry - Enemy Lines

It was the middle of the night, a cold wind whipped at everything in its path as the moon shone brightly and boldly in the sky. Blake looked up at the constellations as she took a deep breath in and out. She quietly snuck across the parking lot and towards the back door of the grand tower block. This is the first kind of mission she had done by herself. They trusted her enough to do this alone and she needed to make sure she didn't mess it up.

"Blake, in position?" Charlie asked through the earpiece. Blake held her finger to it as the voice came through, her heart fluttering with nerves as she spoke in a whisper.

"Yes. I'm positioned at the back door."

"Great. When you go in, take a right and head up the stairwell to level four. All I need you to do is place that camera somewhere discreet and get out of there." The job sounded so simple, yet a part of Blake had a reoccurring sense of doom.

"Roger that." Blake answered quickly, silencing them both as she twisted the door handle slowly and made her way inside. She tiptoed up the stairs, barely making a noise as she made her way up the first flight.
Her heart was beating rapidly and other than the silence of the dead of night, Blake could hear her heart pumping and the blood whooshing around her body.

I can do this. I just have to stick a camera somewhere good.

Level two came and went, and finally she began to approach level three. Her legs were beginning to feel weighty as she tried desperately to keep her composure. Granted, she wasn't the fittest of the bunch but she had the methodical thinking that deemed her the right fit for this job.

Finally level four came into sight and a feeling of relief washed over her. Blake stood by the door, her back to the wall, as she quickly sorted out the camera. It was tiny, MI5 grade. She turned it on and prepared it for its newest job. All she had to do was scout the area and-

"Boss! Where do you want the delivery?" A loud voice boomed from the other side of the door. Her heart yanked in terror. They'd told her the building was going to be empty! Blake fumbled the camera into her other hand clumsily as she prodded her earpiece.

"Charlie, what the fuck? There's people here!" Silence greeted her. Her stomach twisted anxiously. She tried again. "Charlie? Come on answer me." She shoved her finger onto her radio, changing the frequency to another station. "Come in base. It's Blake." More silence. Shit. Now she really was alone. The door handle turned from the other side and Blake did her best to shrink into the shadows in the corner. She held her breath as a man appeared in the stairwell, his phone to his ear as he directed a delivery driver to the back entrance car park. Blake waited for him to disappear before she grabbed her knife and made her way to the door again, turning the handle as slowly as she could. As the door opened a slither, she peeked through and took in the situation. There weren't many, just a few guys standing together further down the hallway and one guy on another phone call beside them. She slid the camera onto her back pocket and pulled out a flash grenade. Readying her stance she pulled the pin and lobbed the grenade through the door, shutting it again as it went off. A myriad of yells and groans told her it had worked so she armed herself with her silenced gun and knife, rushing into the corridor to get to work. She flew through the corridor, stopping anyone who came close to her. She made quick work of any person in her way, before she finally reached the goal. She stood by the large door of the boss. Grabbing the camera out of her pocket, she placed it slightly into the vent above the door that led into his room and without a second thought, took off back towards the hallway and the stairs.

Bullets ripped through the air around her, stopping her in her tracks as she ducked behind a wall. Peeking out, she saw seven gang members, guns aimed right at her.

"There's no way out." One of them called to her. "You're surrounded. Give up now or you will die."

Well, neither of those sounded like options she wanted. Blake checked her weapon and readied herself again. She grabbed a grenade from her pocket. She was now fighting for her life.
Pin pulled, she lobbed it at them. The explosion was deafening.

Here we go!