eighteen.

Three years have passed, regarding Y/n's first mission and joining the Port Mafia.

Three. Whole. Years. She had to listen to the constant bickering of Dazai and Chuuya for three years. But she didn't mind. They were, after all, the trio.

She softly sighed against the window pane of her dorm, waiting for one of the boys to pick her up. They insisted on taking her to a bar in celebration of her birthday, although she only turned eighteen.

Life in the mafia is pretty bland for me. It's been three years, yet I'm still stuck in a rank lower than Dazai and Chuuya. I guess I really wasn't made for the Port Mafia.

Y/n brought a hand to her cheek and rested against her arm. The sky was clear outside the window, showing only a few wispy clouds, just barely out of sight. The view was bland. She was bland. Just a few more minutes of staring out this window and she'll soon have an existential crisis.

Looking away from the window to a picture frame hanging against the wall across from her, she saw Dazai, Chuuya, and her all smiling at the camera. That had been the first group photo she'd taken right after her first mission. The three of them were still wearing their newly bought Masquerade Ball clothing, and two of the kids were fighting.

She chuckled at the memory, replaying the scene in her head from three years ago.

Dazai tugging at the ends of Chuuya's hair and Chuuya trying to punch Dazai in revenge. Y/n stood awkwardly in the middle, wanting to move out the way of their spat. She remembered shuffling to the side a bit, before Dazai placed a hand on her shoulder for the picture.

Dazai.

Y/n closed her eyes, exhausted. I guess it's time for that.

Focusing all her energy within herself, she mumbled her special ability and a familiar blast of light filled the room momentarily.

"Ability: Another Fantasy..."

Holding her breath, she didn't open her eyes until the light was gone. When she finally opened them, she was met standing face to face with Dazai.

"... Hi again." Y/n waved, stepping a few inches away from him. He smiled in response.

"Why don't we go on a walk together? It's sunny outside." The bandaged man offered. She didn't dare take his hand.

"That would be nice."

As the two walked together in silence, she could feel his loving gaze towards her. Still, it was a weird sensation to feel. After all, none of this was real.

Using her ability on herself, Y/n picked up a habit of indulging in her fantasies of being in a relationship with Dazai. She knew it would never happen in real life, but with her ability she could find any reality where that was possible. She knew it was unhealthy... But the more she felt him slipping away from her grasp, the more she craved this feeling of delusion.

"Anything wrong, darling?" Dazai's voice snapped Y/n out of her thoughts. "No, nothing. Just... content."

The brunette chuckled at her softly, before pointing to an ice cream shop. "Hey, I heard they sold exotic flavors there! I wonder if there's poison flavor..."

They hurriedly rush into the store, examining all the flavors.

"Aw- the closest thing to poison is detergent flavor..." Y/n sweat dropped at the flavor. Why is that even a thing...

Still, Dazai wanted to try it.

"What are you getting?" He asked her, paying for his cone of detergent ice cream. "Nothing." He raised a brow.