Mother

I guess it's ok

I'm ok listening to those words If it's me you're talking about.
Don't bring unnecessary shouts.
You can grab my hair if you're angry, it's fine.
You're my guardian, so I'll tolerate it in the meantime.

I'm asking you don't blame my professors, advisors and coach.
Because I've never complained when you berate me, and I sat there smiling like a fcking ghost.
Don't you dare bring my mother into something she's never even cared about.
Grades, personality, how to dress? You're the ones who continued to shout.

My mother never complained about those things, and neither did my friends.
They thought it was fine, so what about you then?
Why did you have to berate my mother, talk behind her back, and speak unspeakable things to her children?
Why? I want to ask but that topic should be long forgotten.

I don't care what others say about my mother unless it comes out of your mouth.
Her own flesh and blood, I know my mother and I couldn't have asked for a better one because this one will never let me go south.
You spoke dozens of words all portraying her Horrible side.
But you never hear of her weeping and begging for forgiveness because you all turned your back when she continued to cry.

But when I told my mother about what you said she just asked me to let it go
because that's what you and they always did.
She learned to get used to it.
Who heard her cry? Me, multiple times over the phone.
She told tales about what you all did, and how she couldn't call anywhere home.

Don't ask me why I'm angry, ask yourself what you did.
 You spoke loads of words, and you never seemed to admit it.
My mother has endured it all.
Left you all high while she took the fall.