14 - Electric Love

A/N: I love and hate this chapter at the same time bc it escalates so fast :)

~

"You idiot!" I yelled when Newt finally appeared in the building again. His face said enough he was sorry, but that wouldn't stop my anger, yet I was so happy he came back. Only seeing his face after a few hours made me realize how much I missed him.

(Y'all Team Minho's don't worry, obviously she misses Minho more bc he's been gone for a lot longer)

"You left me!" I followed Newt to the hammocks where he was unpacking his backpack. "Where the hell were you?"

"A tunnel." He grumbled.

"Why?"

"Trying to save Minho," Newt replied.

"WHAT?" I screamed out, getting really angry. "Without me? You know I care about him! Why would you leave me behind?"

"You were drunk."

"Newt, I- agh!" I let out a scream in frustration. "You could've waited for me to get clear again."

"Tommy was in a hurry," Newt said, his back still facing me. The way he talk to me soothing bothered me a lot.

"What if you died, hm?" I threw my hands in the air. "What was I supposed to do then? Forever wondering where the hell you went?"

"Would you care if I died?" Newt raised his voice slightly.

"Of course I would care, Newt!" I screamed. "But you're too oblivious and selfless to notice that!"

He scoffed. "I'm oblivious?"

"Yes, you!" I bit my lip.

Newt sighed and finally turned around, our eyes meeting, and the tension growing between us.

"You're oblivious to how scared but angry you're leaving me here!" I ran a hand through my hair.

"Angry definitely," Newt muttered, then spoke up again. "Why would you be scared?"

God, he really was oblivious,
"Because I care about you and I do not want to lose you too, so you scared me by just disappearing!" The words just flowed out of my mouth, so a part of me regretted saying that, but it was the truth.

Newt turned unsure for a second, face twitching into it. "Why would you care that much?"

"Because I love you!" I blurted out.

Oh, shuck. Shuck. Shuck. Shuck. Shuck. Shuck-

I slammed my hand on my mouth to stop it from saying any more things as Newt's eyebrows furrowed. "What?"

"What?" I looked down in shame, but felt Newt's fingers lift my chin back up again. I blushed deeply, surprised at how fast an argument could turn into this. But.. at least I finally told him the truth.

Newt's eyes searched around my face before he looked me in mine. His doe eyes were sweet like always and I felt hypnotized for a second, until Newt's mouth opened to talk back.

"I love you too." He breathed.

(I don't want to ruin the moment, but Team Janho's, don't worry! Don't stop reading yet, Minho will get attention soon!)

And before I knew it, our lips connected. It was more passionate than the other two kisses we shared.. it was intense like we searched for something behind the kiss.

Newt's hands made their way to my back and waist as mine trailed up to cup his face and put the other one on his neck.

The door opened, but the person stopped right in their tracks. "I'm gonna pretend I didn't see that." Cyra decided before walking off again.

Neither of us bothered to let go and look at Cyra, so kept kissing. The sensation through my body was amazing, with tingles and sparks everywhere. Newt made my face heat up completely and I had to admit, he kissed well.

When slowly we apart our lips, we were both low on breath. Newt's face stayed inches away from mine as we opened our eyes I never noticed closed.

"Is that true?" Newt whispered. "Do you love me?"

I nodded, breathless. "I do."

The corners of Newt's lips turned up. "I love you too." He repeated before kissing me one more time.

My heart pounded in my chest, but then the door opened again, Cyra screaming loudly.

"Oh my gosh, Jane!" She squealed. "Are you a couple now?"

My face turned bright red while Newt and I both turned to look at each other in silence.

"Well?" Cyra tapped her foot on the ground impatiently.

"Uhm." We both stammered, somehow not really knowing what to say for a moment. I loved Minho too and a part of me felt guilty for kind of leaving him if I would date Newt, but a decision had to be made sometime.. and this was my chance.

"Just ask her, jeez Newt!" Cyra let out a yelp.

Newt's cheeks got red. "Well, uh- Jane.." He took a breath and turned more confident. "Can I be your boyfriend?"

I nodded slowly, never taking my eyes off Newt. "Yes."

Cyra let out a scream and ran away hysterically before Newt and I pressed our lips together again.

~

"What did I hear?" Rye grinned at dinner when everyone had returned from the tunnel. I glanced at Cyra, her eyes twinkling.
"Jane's dating Newt?"

Thomas spat out all his water right in Crassus' face, who didn't seem impressed, Jorge choked, and Frypan and Brenda shared a high-five.

"Thanks, Kid." Crassus wiped his wet face with a cloth as Thomas and Jorge started coughing.

"Is it true?" Frypan asked, ready for all the tea.

"It is."

Jorge somehow managed to choke again as he pointed at Newt. "I'm gonna have a talk with you later."

My face dropped. "What? Why?" I pouted.

"To set boundaries."

"Boundaries?" Cyra yelled out before I could. "Let them live! As long as it's not in my bed, then-."

Rye shushed her by elbowing her in the side, to which she responded ten times harder. "Ow!"

"What kind of boundaries?" Newt frowned.

"No breaking hearts, lying, and cheating." Jorge decided sternly, sounding like a real dad, which I found ridiculous.. boundaries, seriously?

"I won't," Newt assured. A satisfied smile appeared on Jorge's face, then he kept eating like everyone else while my face was bright red from feeling Newt's hand on my thigh.