Chapter 7: Veggies and other curious objects

The atmosphere in the room was, in a word, suffocating. There were many questions swirling around in everyone's head, each one sounding more improbable to answer than the last. They were all sitting and their faces looked grim. The silence was excruciating, and no one seemed to have the guts to start talking, despite Hyunjin's demand for them to speak just moments earlier.

Hyunjin could tell that no one would speak unless something forced them to. He yawned and moved around a bit to get a more comfortable position in his seat. The rest stared at him baffled, unable to understand why his personal luxuries were seemingly his biggest concern at the moment. After adjusting his seat, Hyunjin calmly grabbed his water bottle and slammed it down on the table in front of them, causing the objects on its surface to move violently.

Felix gulped and nodded furiously to Changbin, who gave him a look of honest puzzlement before aggressively pointing to Seungmin, who held up his hands in defense. Seungmin glanced at Hyunjin. "Yikes, Hyunjin, what got you so mad? You were literally passed out moments befo—"

"Before my wonderful beauty sleep was interrupted. Now that I'm awake and have to face reality, I demand you all speak so I can understand why I was woken up. Oh, and also so that you have a moment to speak for yourselves before I tape your mouths shut so I can commence my free trial of a coma," Hyunjin said.

"You're demanding quite a lot of things for someone who has exactly zero part of what is going on," Changbin said, breaking the silence. Seungmin nodded, followed by Felix.

"Wonderful. Felix and Seungmin were ready to have a fight just moments ago, but now you two agree and are suddenly buddy-buddy?" Hyunjin scoffed.

"Sometimes agreeing with your potential enemy is better than dealing with a cranky sleep-deprived person," Felix said hastily.

"Oh, so now I'm your enemy because I am asking you to explain why you woke me up?? Great, I'm done. Seungmin and Felix, and—" Hyunjin paused to point at Changbin, "and whatever your name was, Changbone? Changbean?" Changbin opened his mouth to protest the butchering of his name, but Hyunjin trudged on.

"I want you three to come to a mutual understanding so that I don't have to be woken up again. Seungmin, give me your phone charger so I can charge my phone. I'm going to sleep upstairs. When I come back down, I expect you three to be best friends. Are we clear?"

Seungmin, Felix, and Changbin all glanced at each other. Chan sat there, his mouth open, trying to comprehend and connect the idea that this Hyunjin standing in front of him was the same Hyunjin who was discussing llamas just a day ago.

"Yes, we are clear?" Felix said though it was more of a question. Seemingly satisfied by the reply, Hyunjin smiled (a completely 180 from his personality moments ago) and held out his hand to Seungmin.

"You want me to hold your hand?" Seungmin asked, confused.

"No, I want your charger for my phone," Hyunjin answered simply. Seungmin stood up and glanced around for his charger, and returned holding it. He handed it to Hyunjin, who took it and gave everyone a small wave as he walked up the stairs. As Hyunjin's figure disappeared into the upper floor, everyone let out a collective sigh.

There's something strangely therapeutic about sighing at the same time with a group of people, thought Changbin.

Chan stood up and glanced sheepishly at everyone. "Hey, I think I'm gonna go upstairs to sleep too. I need sleep."

Felix nodded. "Yeah, you do. Let me know if you need new pillows or blankets."

Chan gave him a thumbs up. "Will do." He went up the stairs, and everyone could hear the soft locking sound of the door.