Chapter 3: Acquaintance

The keepers by the llama pens were exhausted within a matter of minutes, and the sole reason was none other than our well-meaning but inept protagonist, Hwang Hyunjin. Since there was still no sign of Seungmin, he decided that if he made a ruckus loud enough then somehow he'd be able to find him. However, it had been around 15 minutes and Seungmin was nowhere in sight.

Hyunjin mindlessly looked around when he saw a piece of cloth hanging from one of the fence links in the llama pen. He moved closer to see what it was. It had some foreign language written on it. Hyunjin blinked and tried to touch it, but it wasn't there anymore. Confused, he went back to where he was before.

Suddenly, a thought occurred to him. Seungmin's favorite band is Day6 . . . If something from his favorite band plays, he'll come immediately! And so Hyunjin began his 8th attempt in luring out Seungmin by blasting his Day6 playlist. Unfortunately, that was the final straw for the people around him.

"I'm sorry, but if you continue acting this craz- inappropriately, then I shall escort you out our front gates," spoke a voice behind Hyunjin.

Hyunjin turned around and was about to explain his predicament when he saw a slightly familiar face.

"Escort him out the gate? No, let the boy stay! Hyunjin, what's going on? What deed did you do that has got our security swarming around you?" prompted Amaya, the amiable lady who had helped him check in around an hour ago.

"Oh, all I did was explain that the llamas liked being near me, but the keepers said I couldn't be near the llamas at this time because they were getting ready to sleep, I initially obeyed. But when another person came and began oohing over the llamas, the keepers were allowing them to be so near to the llamas that I bet they could count the llama's eyelashes," Hyunjin replied, a slight scowl forming on his face. "It was obvious that for some unfair reason, the keepers didn't want me to be around the llamas, so of course, I had to protest. And there was another reason, but unfortunately, that didn't work so the reason doesn't matter."

Amaya stared at Hyunjin for a couple of moments and glanced at the keepers who guiltily avoided her gaze. "It seems as though you're not at fault, Hyunjin, so you're free to continue your exploration today," she stated.

"Where's the boy that was causing a racket?" asked Jovi breathlessly with Chan not far behind him. Hyunjin groaned and took a deep breath, ready to defend himself once again when Amaya cleared her throat and kindly told them that there were no problems whatsoever. Jovi and Chan both breathed sighs of relief, but Chan was slightly worried that Amaya might tell him to take care of the guest.

"If there are no problems here, then I'll take my leave," Chan began, rather sneakily, but Amaya gave him a look that stopped him from going any further.

"Chan . . . "

"Okay, okay, I'll stay with the boy."

Because he was left out of the conversation for so long, Hyunjin scoffed. "My name is Hyunjin, not "the boy." So don't call me that and instead use my name," he said to Chan.

Chan's only reaction was to look even more tired than Jovi thought was humanly possible. "What's the deal with this sassy, lost child?"

Jovi looked at Chan to see if he needed any help because Hyunjin seemed to be quite the personality. Chan signaled him to go back to the office and to continue working on whatever he was doing before. Jovi nodded and left the scene.

Hyunjin stared agape at Chan from what he just heard him say. He shook his head and took out his phone to see if Seungmin was still alive. Unfortunately, there were no new messages, and Hyunjin slumped a bit and groaned.