13

__________

The red strobe lights dimmed the entire open perimeter. Couches were overtook by horny couples, and passed out, drunk party goers. Popular hip pop music blasted through the surround-sound speakers throughout the building.

The proximity reeked of alcohol and a mixture of perfumes and colognes.

I sat on the edge of the couch, watching as Blair downed half a bottle of a Lager beer in one sip.

"Blair, are you fucking kidding me?" Soap gripped her forearm, yanking her towards him.

I watch as his jaw clenched once Blair rolled her eyes at him. He'd been mad at her ever since they arrived here. Soap tightened his grip, resulting in Blair wincing in pain.

"Get the fuck off of me, I'm not doing this with you today." She grit her teeth, tugging her arm back from him.

I watched Soap's lips as he muttered something under his breath and glaring at her before turning away, shoveling through the crowd of people.

Blair turned to me, giggling and rolling her eyes at his behavior. But honestly it was more so alarming than humorous.

She flipped her voluminous blonde hair, swaying her hips; as the tassels on her dress moved with her body.

"Gosh, Do you need a drink or something? You're so uptight today!" Blair sloppily shoved the beer bottle near my face.

I politely decline, reminiscing my previous drunk activities.

I watch her dance to the music for a second. Eventually deciding the disregard my previous decision to stay sober, taking a swig at her beer before scooting through the crowd attempting to find Simon.

Strobe lights glistened on the walls as I peeked around every corner for the tall buff man in the balaclava. People yelled, argued, flirted and sang around me; but this was overridden once I reached the far left side of the building.

A husk British accent echoed off the concrete, then another slightly lighter voice followed.

I listened, my back pressed against the wall right beside the doorway.

"What the hell do you mean you're having second thoughts?" Soap hissed.

"I can't do it..." Simon admitted, in a daring tone.

"You're not going soft now, are ya' Ghost?" Soap teased, antagonistically.

There was a pause.

"We already began... and now we've got to finish it." I heard Soap try to give him some sort of motivational speech.

Before I could eavesdrop further, I felt a hand graze my lower back, ensuing me to turn around.

A taller, but not incredibly tall, ashy brunette man stood over me. He had forest green eyes, plump baby pink lips, low bushy eyebrows with a scar going through the left one, and multicolored freckles sprinkled upon his face. He had a tattoo on the right side of his neck, although I couldn't quite make out what it was due to the poor lighting. He smelled like Bleu de Chanel and cheap liquor.

"You alone?" A grin blossoms from his lips.

"No.." I step back from him, still careful about being seen from the doorway.

He raises his eyebrows in amusement, scanning the surroundings sarcastically.

"It sure looks like you're alone." He chuckles.

"Well, I'm not so if you excuse me-" I try to leave the situation, brushing past him before he grabs my hand.

With the blink of an eye, the sound of a fist colliding with his face, then the ricochet of his head hitting the wall behind him was evident. Simon lowered his fist, scowling at him through the balaclava.

The surrounding pedestrians gasped, admiring the scene.

The man struggled to hold himself up, cupping his hand around his bleeding nose. He glared at Simon as he pushed himself up, yet quickly fixed his facial expression once realizing he couldn't even see Simon eye to eye.

"I'm sorry man.." He quivers, sliding past him and into another room of the house.

"Are you alright?" Simon lifts my chin up, examining my face and my body.

I watch his worry-filled eyes, nodding; before he leads me out of the building entirely.

____________