2

_________

The man in the balaclava lead me out into the small parking lot. The sidewalks were alive, a decent amount of people out despite the time. The street was wet from the rain that was present about 20 minutes ago. The reflection of the yellowed street lights bounced of the dampened road.

There was a matte black, foreign car parked right in front of the Bletchley bar. He unlocked the car, opening the passenger side door for me, shutting it after I slid in. It had a red leather interior, I admired as I settled in.

He got into the drivers seat shortly after me, sighing as he got in. He started the car and began to drive in the direction in explained to me earlier.

"What were you thinking?" He began, causing me to turn my head towards him. "...Coming out here alone?"

"I wasn't alone... but my friend ditched me." I peer down at my lap.

"Doesn't sound like much of a friend, does it?" He remarks, snarkily.

"No.. it doesn't." I exhale, playing with my nails.

The drive was short, arriving in front of a glowy, tall building that read 'Travelodge'.

"You speak Scots?" He fills the silence in the car.

"No. Why?" I turn to him.

"This part of town doesn't have many english speakers." He explains, turning to me, a hand still on the steering wheel.

"Is there another hotel nearby?" I question, my google translate app was never 100% correct. This question caused him to sigh with annoyance.

"The nearest is about 40 minutes... with no traffic." He described.

"Shit..." I cursed to myself under my breath, pulling out my phone, forgetting that it was dead.

I contemplated what to do in this situation. I couldn't ask this man to drive me 40 minutes, nor could I call an uber.

I felt his eyes on me to my left, causing me to crane my head, my eyes meeting with his, dead brown eyes.

"So what are you gonna do?" He questions, leaning back in his seat, hand off the steering wheel now.

"Do you have a car charger?" I query, motioning to my phone.

He reaches over me, snapping open the glove compartment, pulling a white wire from the dark hole. He hands me it, and I quickly plug up my phone.

"You never told me your name." I claim, pretending as though I didn't read the name on his ID earlier.

"Simon...yours?"

"Y/N"

The car was silent, only sound being the rain pattering on the windshield. After a few seconds, my phone buzzed and the screen turned white. I instantly open it, attempting to call Genevieve. It rang a few seconds before someone picked up the call.

"Hello?"

"Who is this?" A raspy deep male's voice rang through my phone.

"Who is this?" I repeat the question, raising my eyebrows at the situation.

"You called..." I heard rustling in the background of the call.

"I called Gen... Who's this?" I raise the volume of the call trying to hear thoroughly.

"Gen's busy" He chuckled, ending the call shortly afterwards.

I groan, dropping my arms and my phone into my lap. Simon stared at me, his head rested on his hand. He sighed once more, which I was starting to get tired of.

"You can just stay with me tonight." He suggests.

"I barely know you." I glance at him, speaking lowly.

"Would you rather sleep on the sidewalk?" He remarks, shifting in his seat.

I look out the window, thinking.

"No..."

"Okay then."

___________