7

___________

After readying myself for the day, and finishing the cup of coffee that Simon had prepared for me, I had called an uber. The nearest uber was nearly 20 minutes away, but this wasn't much of a surprise to me, considering how out of the way his home was.

I showered prior to leaving but unfortunately had to reuse the same pieces of clothing to leave today. I refused to take the money Simon left for me, since I have my own money and didn't want to feel like I owed him anymore than I already did.

While situating myself, my phone dings, indicating that the uber driver was nearby. Simon had told me where his spare key was just in case I got home before he did. I exit the home, waiting for the car to pull up.

The uber driver was a brunette, scruffy looking fair-skinned man. He was equitably skinny and had kind, low brown eyes, underneath his bushy eyebrows. He had a bit of stubble surrounding his thin-rosy lips.

He gave me a slight smile and wave, watching as I entered the back seat of his car. The drive to the shopping area was smooth and quiet before the driver began create small talk.

"I'm surprised someone finally lives in that home. It's been empty for a long while." He says, enthusiastically.

I peek up from my phone, catching quick eye contact with him in the rear view mirror.

"Oh- I'm not living here, I'm staying with a... friend." I describe.

"Oh..." He quickly shuts down, his facial expression completely shifting.

I ignore this. Considering Simons occupation, I doubt he'd be home much anyways.

__________