౨ৎ 004. "birthday gift"

nonsense chapter four_________________________________

nonsense
chapter four
_________________________________

— third person.

As it was the group's last homecoming, Kara felt like she needed to go all out. She pulled out a dress, held it up against her body, and looked in the mirror. She nodded in approval and gave it to Matt to hold.

"Do I have to hold all of these?" Matt groaned. He's already holding 5 out of the 10,000 dresses Kara picked out. He doesn't actually mind, he just wanted to complain.

"Yes, you do. You're a good dressholder." Kara responded, still looking through the racks of many dresses. Matt just sighed.

Stella was looking at a white dress on the opposite side of the room from where Kara, Matt, and Nick were. Chris was sitting in a chair next to the dressing rooms, where Stella also happened to be.

"Hey, Stel," Kara said walking over to her, "we're gonna try the shop across the street, wanna come with?"

"No, I'm gonna try on this dress real quick. I'll meet you there." Stella responded.

"Chris?" Kara said, looking at Chris who was on his phone.

"I'm good here." He said. Kara nodded and grabbed the dresses from Matt's arms.

"Hold these for me then," Kara said giving the dresses to Chris. She then grabbed Matt's hand and walked out of the store with Nick trailing behind them.

Stella looked back at the dress the was looking at prior. To Chris, it looked like she was contemplating on getting the dress or not. He decided that maybe he should give his input.

"That would look good on you." He said. Stella looked at him.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe." She said, putting the dress back.

"Why don't you just try it on?" Chris suggested.

Stella sighed, "I don't know. I'll just keep looking."

As Stella contemplated the white dress, Chris couldn't help but notice the uncertainty in her eyes. He took a moment to set aside the dresses Kara handed him and said, "I mean, you might be surprised. That dress could be the one and you'll never know unless you try it on." He shrugged and walked towards her, grabbing the dress off the rack.

Stella glanced at Chris. Despite her hesitation, there was a subtle smile that played on her lips, "will it make you happy if I do?" Stella asked him.

"Yes, it would. Now go try it on." Chris said handing her the dress and pushing her towards the dressing rooms.

As Stella was trying on the dress, she wondered why Chris wanted her to try on the dress so badly. She genuinely thought he was still mad at her from the party. He hadn't talked to her much the week after. He only made little conversation. And when Stella tried to tell him something or talk to him about anything, he'd give her short answers.

Sighing, Stella walked out of the dressing room in her dress. Chris looked up from his phone when he heard the dressing room door close. He looked at her with his mouth slightly open. Jaw dropped. He had never seen anything more beautiful. He thought about saying something, but would it be weird? Complimenting your ex-girlfriend?

Stella smiled at herself in the mirror. She was happy she tried it on when Chris told her to. It was a gorgeous dress. It was a flowing white chiffon dress with a strapless bodice and intricate lace detailing, of course on the shorter side.

Stella turned around to lock eyes with Chris, who was still absolutely blown away by her presence.

"You look," Chris started, but he paused. She looked like an absolute angel in his eyes. It made him think about how badly he wanted this girl, "you look so beautiful, Ella."

Stella blushed at his compliment, "thank you, Chris." She smiled at him.

"Are you gonna get it?" He asked her, standing up.

"I think I might."

"Let me buy it for you," Chris said.

Stella shook her head, "No, I'm buying it. Don't waste your money on me."

"It's not wasting if it's for you," Chris grabbed her hands but then remembered what she said on the first day of school. So, he let go, "Just let me buy it for you."

"Can I pay you back?" Stella asked, trying to ignore what he had just done.

"No, don't pay me back. It's a birthday gift." Chris smiled.

"My birthday isn't until February." Stella laughed.

"Okay, then it's an early birthday present."

"Fine," Stella gave in, "I'm gonna go change then we can go meet them across the street." Chris nodded and smiled. He sat back down in the seat he was originally sitting in.

┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° ┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ ° ┆ ° ♡ • ➵

MEGAN SPEAKS

okay, so I never do this but is anyone genuinely enjoying this story so far?
cause I think I like the direction it's going but at the same time I have no ideas for future chapters
soooo lmk :)))