౨ৎ 001. "holding her hand"

nonsense chapter one_________________________________

nonsense
chapter one
_________________________________

—third person.

Finally, Senior year.

The year Stella had been waiting for ever since the first day of Freshman year. School never was a big priority for Stella. She focused more on her life and her friends rather than her schoolwork. That doesn't mean she gets terrible grades or anything like that. School just wasn't her number one.

*honk honk*

Stella smiled to herself, knowing the familiar honk. It was Matt Sturniolo. She's been friends with him and his triplet brother, Nick, since sophomore year. The three and Stella's best friend, Kara, have become close.

"Let's go, Stella! The car's not getting any younger!" Matt yelled as Stella walked outside.

Stella rolled her eyes, "you're very impatient, Matthew," she said as she got into the backseat of the car beside Nick.

"Good morning, Stel," said Chris, who turned around to face her.

Chris and Stella were complicated. They act like they're dating, but in reality, they aren't. During sophomore year, when they first met, they dated for almost a year. That's part of the reason why she's so close with Nick and Matt. Since then, Stella and Chris have been off and on. No one knows why they broke up. They say it was mutual, to avoid questions. But that's the thing that confuses everyone, including their friends.

"Good morning to you too, Christopher," Stella replied.

"Using the government names is crazy," Matt said as he started to drive.

"Yeah, what's up with that?" Nick asked.

"No reason, it's just fun."

As Matt pulled into the parking lot, Stella grew nervous. She always was on the first day, as is everyone. Stella sighed as she got out of the vehicle. She started to play with the ring on her finger.

"Nervous?" Chris asked when he noticed. Stella nodded, so he took his hand in hers. It was like when they were dating. His hand in hers. His thumb caressed her hand. She started to smile until she noticed that people were looking at them. So, she let go of his hand.

"Chris, we're not together anymore. You can't just do that." he nodded. Even though he wished she wasn't, he knew she was right.

"Stella!" Kara said, running down the hallway with her schedule in hand.

"Kara!" the two girls hugged as if they didn't just see each other yesterday.

"Did you get your schedule yet?" Kara asked, to which Stella shook her head, "Let's go then! I have to see how many classes we have together." With that, Kara practically dragged Stella down the hallway to retrieve her schedule from the office.