10.

it was weeks later and Meredith had been doing well, leg and arm were getting better and she was finally able to get the cast on her arm off, but her wrist did need a brace so that was till on her wrist but it was getting better.

she had one last exam that they needed to do before they could decide if Meredith was ready to go home or not.

but in order for her to go home if she was ready to go home she would need some help as she did still have a large cast on her leg and would need help with a small child.

Addison would be happy to help but she had work and surgeries to do and she wasn't able to take the time off to care for her.

Meredith was stubborn and said she would be able to take care of Aurora without any help from others, she would have crutches and Aurora was old enough to do somethings on her own.

despite what she believed she was going to need help, walking across the room would take minutes and with a young child it would be even harder then if it was just her.

to her surprise Derek was by her side a lot of the time she was at the hospital. he got her something if she needed it, gave her his number and was over all a good friend.

he had offered to take care of her when she did get out of the hospital but she hated the thought of someone she hardly knew taking off days of work just to care for herself.

she was a grown woman and could take care of herself.

Meredith was laying in her hospital bed like she did every other day when Bailey and Callie walked into the room for her exam.

"you ready to see if you can go home, Grey," Bailey asked as she walked over to her.

Meredith made no effort to respond, even if she was able to go home she would still have to have someone else take care of her and she would continue to be a burden.

they went through with the exam and everything looked good, her leg still needed time in the cast and her wrist needed to stay in the brace but other than that everything was good and her hearing was back to normal.

"You're all set, Grey. you can go home, we just need to find someone to take care of you in that time," Callie smiled.

Meredith gave no emotions or said anything. she just continued to look out the window.

"Do you know anyone that can take care of you?" she asked.

"Yes, myself,"

"No, someone else,"

"I offered to take some time off work and help her but she won't accept," Derek said as he walked into the room.

"Why don't you take up the offer, you need it," Bailey said.

"I don't want his help, I don't know him,"

"he's a surgeon, you know enough. do it, Shepherd,"

"I don't want his help. why should I trust him with my child?"

"Because he's a better person than the person who is actually her father," Callie said.

"Shut up," she rolled her eyes.

"just let him help you, it's only for a few weeks,"

"Fine, whatever, as long as you shut up and leave," she groaned.

"Shepherd, clear your next couple of weeks," Bailey said.

"I already did," he smiled.

*******************************************
Words: 585