12.

It was about time that Aurora would be finishing school. Meredith wanted to pick her up, it was the least she could do but her legs wouldn't be able to press the peddles.

They were sitting on the couch watching the Golden Girls. Derek had never seen or heard of it and it was Meredith's guilty pleasure.

He still didn't see the point in watching a show about four elderly women living their lives.

"It's almost three o'clock," she spoke. "So?" He said. "So Rori's school ends at three thirty and I don't want her to think I forgot about her," she said.

"Alright, I should get going then," he said. "Okay but don't be creepy, be friendly, I don't want her to think a creep is picking her up from school," she said. "I will," he stood up.

"Or if you don't want to go I can call Addison, she's going to be picking her up in a couple of hours anyways," she said.

"No, I'll go get her. You can spend a couple of hours with her before Montgomery comes to get her," he said.

"Why don't you call her Addison? Are you scared of her or something?" She giggled.

"No, I'm just not close with her like you are. She's a bitch to work with," he said.

"Yeah, that's true," she said before he left to go pick up Aurora.

Meredith hadn't showered in three days and she started to feel disgusted with herself.

It was almost as if she could feel the dirt building in her pale skin, her cask was thick and knowing the build-up in there drove her insane.

She needed to take a shower, Derek was supposed to help her with everything but she hardly knew this man and she wasn't going to let him see her bare and exposed.

Aurora's school was a thirty-minute drive, there were closer ones in the area but she wanted Aurora to have the best education from young on.

It was the one thing her mother did right with her. From preschool to medical school she had gone to some of the best schools in the country and that gave her the opportunity to be one of the best surgeons.

It was the only thing Ellis had really given her but she was grateful for it. Even if she was alone the rest of her life she was still financially stable and had a great career. That was most important.

Everything is much harder when you don't have the finances to support yourself or your child.

She sat up from her spot on the couch and grabbed the crutches that were leaning against the side of the couch.

She placed them both under her arms before going into the downstairs bathroom.

The laundry room was also downstairs which made it much easier for her to get a pair of clean clothes.

It would be an hour before Derek got back so she had some time. There was already a box of plastic wrap for when she did shower. She wrapped her cast in plastic wrap before stripping entirely.

She got into the shower and allowed the hit streaming water to calm her muscles.

Once she finished with her shower she stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself up in a towel and quickly dried off and threw the plastic wrap into the trash.

She was finally able to wash her hair. She dried off before wrapping herself up in a white fluffy robe.

She went down the hall to the laundry room and grabbed a clean pair of clothes before slipping them on.

She brought a clean towel with her as she went back into the living room. She sat down on the couch placing her crutches next to her.

She used the towel to dry her hair so it wouldn't get her clothes wet.

Not long after her shower, she heard the car pull into the driveway which meant Derek and Aurora were home.

She already knew she would be scolded by Derek when he saw that her hair was wet and that she was in a clean pair of clothes but she missed the feeling of clean hair and fresh clothes.

She could hear the chattering of Aurora's voice as they made it to the front door before they entered.

"Mommy!" Aurora ran to Meredith. "Hey, how was school?" She hugged her daughter, pressing a kiss to the side of her head.

"It was good, I drawed you a picture!" She smiled excitedly as she opened her book bag and pulled out a drawing.

"Wow, this is beautiful Rori!" She smiled as she held the drawing in her hands.

"Thank you, can we put it on the fridge?" She asked looking up to her mother with her sparkling blue eyes.

"Yes, of course we can. Would you like to put it on the fridge?" She smiled. She nodded enthusiastically as she took the drawing and ran into the kitchen.

"Meredith... did you take a shower?" Derek asked with a disappointed look on his face with his arms folded over his chest.

"Uh no, it just started raining through the roof, or maybe it was a leak, I'm not sure," she shrugged as she picked up the remote.

"Meredith, how many times have I told you to stop doing things whenever I leave. This has to stop!"

"It's fine, I'm fine. nothing happened," she groaned. "Just let it go,"

"No more, Meredith I mean, you are going to hurt yourself," he sighed before leaving the living room to check on Aurora in the kitchen.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

Words: 943

Suggestions??