Chapter 6- Stronger

PICTURE of Ramon--------------------------------->   WARNING: Creep Alert!!!!

Philip stared down at the pathetic, bleeding form of the princess.  His father laughed darkly and left her cell.  

Deep inside, Philip admired the girl's strength.  She had not made a sound throughout the torture.  Now she hung limply from her chains, clothing tattered and blood streaming from multiple wounds.  

The princess Sierra had been whipped, beaten, and endured all the manners of torture that Ramon could think up.  Yet, she was not broken.

He knelt beside her.  For some strange reason, he suddenly wanted to touch her face, to wipe away the blood and brush a strand of her hair back.

 Instead, Philip willed himself away from her and took a seat right outside her cell in the cold, dank dungeon.

He could not stop thinking about her.  Ramon wanted to know where the dragons' eggs were hidden, but she told him nothing.

 Philip knew that some of the soldiers had returned from Dragon Island with tales of strange magic and deadly traps, but no dragon eggs.

 He felt bad for Sierra, as he knew that Ramon wouldn't give up until she told.  And to do that, she'd have to be broken. 

She stirred, and Philip found himself staring into her accusing, silvery blue eyes.  

"You" she said wearily, but with anger.  

"Who are you?" She demanded.  Philip forced his mind to begin working again.

"I am Prince Philip" he stated proudly.  He watched her lovely eyes widen, then close.

"You brought me here, Philip.  Why?" She said accusingly, her pain reflected in her quiet voice.

For the first time in his life, Philip was ashamed.  It was his fault she was here, the blame for her torture rested squarly on his shoulders.

"I followed orders to capture any non-dragon" He said, staring at the cold stone floor.

"Do you always follow orders from that...Thing?" She said, somewhat with derision.  His face darkened with anger and he turned his back on her pitiful form.  

"Go ahead, tell him I'm ready for him" She said weakly, closing her eyes and preparing herself for the pain.

Philip was torn.  He didn't want her to suffer.  Everything inside him knew that his father was gone, and the Being that remained was wrong.  Still, he reluctantly left the dungeon and went to get the king.

*                                    *                                           *                                           *                                             *

Sierra watched as the king approached her.  She moved away as far as the chains on her wrists and ankles would allow.

Philip, she noticed, had entered her cell but would not look at her.  The sad look on his faced told her volumes.

 The pain she had endured before was coming again.  This time would be worse.

"Where are the dragons?" The Being that was Ramon hissed ate her.  

The slightest movement was excruciating, but she tilted her head up to look the Being in the eye.  Then she spit, hitting him full in the face.  

Sierra thought she heard Philip chuckle, but then Ramon was on her with the whip.

 His infuriated blows seemed to grow stronger, until the peaceful darkness took pity on her plight and swallowed her up.