Chapter 5- Something darker

PICTURE of Prince Philip! ------------------------------------>

Sierra was forced towards the throne room, the man's sword pressing against her back.  

"I caught a little bird with the monsters, Father" He called out.  Sierra cursed, the man's father was the murderous king.

 At the same time, a thrilling thought occured to her.  Her captor was taking her straight to her biggest enemy.  She could defeat them both at the same time.

They entered the throne room.  Sierra shivered.  The reek of evil permeated the entire room.  Power was reflected in everything, from the huge, golden doors to the polished throne.  The throne on which her father had sat.

 The throne which was now occupied by a shadow of a man, weakened, vulnerable.  He sat hunched over, as if hiding from something.  Sierra grinned at his weakness.

Then, everything changed.  Her captor stiffened and Ramon stood up as a dark shadow overwhelmed him.

 Sierra stared as the evil Being consumed the weakened king, making him strong.  It was the driving force to his success.

 Sierra realized that the war she waged wasn't about freeing her people and taking back her father's throne. No, the war was to abolish evil.  And the Being that controlled  the king was pure evil.  Of this, she was sure.  

For the first time, Sierra wondered if she would make it out of this alive.  Her magical bonds broke and her captor threw her to the marble floor in front of the throne, and the Being that was the king.  

"She was fighting with the dragons.  One of their best generals called off the attack in order so I wouldn't kill her.  She is of some importance to them, perhaps she can provide us with information". 

"Very good, Philip", the shadow on the throne hissed.  Ramon looked at her, his eyes glowing an unnatural red.  

"What is your name, girl?" Sierra stayed silent.  Ramon gestured to Philip, who promptly slapped her face.  She nearly laughed.  If they thought pain could break her...well, they were stupid.

Ramon ordered her armour removed.  She stayed still and silent as Philip carefully took off her heavy, dragon-scale armour.  That left her in a simple black blouse and pants.

 He took all her weapons, except the hidden dagger strapped to her leg.  

"Check her palm" Ramon hissed.  Philip grabbed at her hands.  

"NO!" Sierra shouted.

 All at once, she hurled her dagger at the king and was diving for her sword.  She reached it and rolled, coming up in a fighting stance.  

Philip had his sword drawn but it was Ramon that comanded her full attention.

 He had stopped her dagger an inch from his heart, using magic that swarmed around him like a dark, dangerous cloud.

 He flicked his wrist, and the dagger fell to the floor.  

"Bring her to me.  You will pay for that, little girl" Ramon yelled.

 Philip nodded and advanced towards her.  Sierra backed away.  

One dark, magical spell captured her.  It held her fast and dragged her back to the throne.  Philip grabbed her as Ramon ended the spell.  She growled at him furiously.

Philip jerked her hands away from her sides, her sword clattering to the floor.  

Ramon laughed cruely.

"It's about time someone taught you a lesson, deary".

Philip brutelly pried open her closed fist.

 The silver dragon shone brightly on her right palm, marking her as the Nighthawk Princess.

 Ramon gasped but then laughed even louder.

"Hello, Sierra Nighthawk"

Please vote and comment!  The first person to comment gets a dedication!!!!